West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard hoy left the Port Paul, were you up at Maryhill playing the last few games? If so, like a 'Port' re-union up there, with Joe, Andy Monaghan, Andy Banks, and I know Paul Temporal was there at one point.

Aye thats right,played last 7 or 8 games of season fo Maryhill and really enjoyed it. Your also correct about the port reunion haha, you know how it is your friends always pull you out a hole if you need a game :) Wee pauldoo has left the club now tho.

I know he was working away for a while there. Heard a few ppl telling me where hes going but wouldnt like to say incase it isnt true.

Good god someone on this thread not saying nor confirming anything because he's not 100% sure of the facts? Outstanding hopefully this approach might catch on? ????

Cumnock moving quick with some interesting signings now that the dead wood like love and williamson are shown the door

Paul Murphy (Bo'ness)

Andy Scott (Bo'ness)

Nicky Moore (Wishaw)

Derek Esplin (Rutherglen)

Jonathon Lyndsay (Arbroath)

Ross McNeil (Rutherglen)

Love is a cracking player and will do well with Talbot if he chooses to go to Beechwood so I don't know why you call him dead wood. Cumnock have signed boys who are bang average this season and could not hack it in the Super 1st with Glencairn. Signing players from the East as well to travel down to Ayrshire seems ludicrous to me especial as they'll be training at Cumnock surely with the new 4G being installed. John McKewon best start like a train this season or things could change oh so quickly for the big yin. ;)

Love is a cracking player and will do well with Talbot if he chooses to go to Beechwood so I don't know why you call him dead wood. Cumnock have signed boys who are bang average this season and could not hack it in the Super 1st with Glencairn. Signing players from the East as well to travel down to Ayrshire seems ludicrous to me especial as they'll be training at Cumnock surely with the new 4G being installed. John McKewon best start like a train this season or things could change oh so quickly for the big yin. ;)

so I take it you watched these boys with glencairn every week when you say that they couldn't hack it???

Cumnock have signed boys who are bang average this season and could not hack it in the Super 1st with Glencairn.

Lol, you're nothing if not predictable. :thumsup2

Esplin was only Player of the Year at Glencairn two years in a row, and McNeil only scored 15 goals in 16 starts. Yeh, couldn't hack it. Lol. :thumsup2

Are we talking about McNeil from Glencairn who scored in the region of 15 goals in half a season in that league! at the same time pulling Pollok defense apart with ease and turning them down! Murphy and Scott who both are well quoted from the club they have just left after playing at a higher level. Esplin who was the clubs POY for the past two seasons,also turning down teams in the league above. Moore POY also for the past two seasons! and Lyndsay who has played senior recently! JohnMcKeown like any other manger needs to start like a train. My thoughts are he has identified players that he thinks can do him a turn. As for the training you are wrong.Seen Love on several occasions and he is a good player.Will he start at Talbot? Time will tell.

Lol, you're nothing if not predictable. :thumsup2

Esplin was only Player of the Year at Glencairn two years in a row, and McNeil only scored 15 goals in 16 starts. Yeh, couldn't hack it. Lol. :thumsup2

Glencairn finished 5th and are an average team tbh. If I were a Cumnock fan I certainly wouldn't be wanting Glencairn players to be the marquee signings that is all. Cumnock are a big club who pay big wages, they should be able to attract better players.

I think N.Moore will do well with the fresh challenge. There was interest from Hurlford and a few other premier teams over the past few seasons. The boy Andy scott is also a good player. I watched him a few times when he was at Shotts. All the best to big John. Very pleasant hard working young manager.

Anyway on to the real stuff. Who are the wishy signings?

Glencairn finished 5th and are an average team tbh. If I were a Cumnock fan I certainly wouldn't be wanting Glencairn players to be the marquee signings that is all. Cumnock are a big club who pay big wages, they should be able to attract better players.

There are good players in every team in every division. They are not all born in to Talbot type teams. Pollok have just taken on a striker from a couple of divisions below! Many players are being picked up from all the divisions. Good managers and there assistants will identify this, bring them on board and try and make them better players. Simple really. Look at the results the Glens had against the teams that got promoted, competed very well,with a bit of luck they could easily have gone up.Big wages means jack, hunger and desire is the key.

your a clown pal, just because they don't play with big teams doesn't make them bad players, I'm a cumnock fan and I'm glad the road John is going down in the past we've signed players with big reputations and on big money and unfortunately for us the majority of them have been terrible, Williamson was 1 of our highest paid players and quite frankly he was absolute rotten and love was also another who was on silly money and yes was probably the best of a bad bunch but I still wouldn't say he was anything special.

There are good players in every team in every division. They are not all born in to Talbot type teams. Pollok have just taken on a striker from a couple of divisions below! Many players are being picked up from all the divisions. Good managers and there assistants will identify this, bring them on board and try and make them better players. Simple really. Look at the results the Glens had against the teams that got promoted, competed very well,with a bit of luck they could easily have gone up.Big wages means jack, hunger and desire is the key.

Think you are pushing it a bit saying glens could easily have went up!

To be honest they are all decent signings, Cumnock are no longer one of the big handful of teams in junior football even west region football.

Archived