West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big curry never happy , good players move on free to do as they wish after last game ,

will they get compensation for him though.

Cumnock have signed del esplin, Paul Murphy, Andy Scott, Jonathan Lindsay, Nicholas Moore and Ross McNeill.

All the best to Nicky moore in his move to Cumnock. He has done well for our club over the last few years.

I hope he does the business. Time will tell I suppose.

. "He slammed: If other clubs would leave us alone then Im pretty sure Vale of Clyde could build a decent side but these constant raids by other managers are pulling the carpet from under our feet."

Isn't that what happens in football??

Ex Medda player big Currie...won them Ayrshire league.Been with the 'big' clubs been with the 'small' clubs....he knows the crack, just warning Vale fans not to expect miracles when players are leaving for nothing every season.

Yea Willie expressed a desire to play in a higher division. Wish him well, one of our better performers last season

Easily Cambuslang's best player last season in my opinion. Great engine , gave 100% for 90mins week in week out , good skill & an eye for goal.

Would've liked to have seen him stay at Somervell.

Good luck to him.

Ex Medda player big Currie...won them Ayrshire league.Been with the 'big' clubs been with the 'small' clubs....he knows the crack, just warning Vale fans not to expect miracles when players are leaving for nothing every season.

Players can only leave for nothing if not under contract - so they could easily have offered terms to him earlier in the season for this year and seen if he was interested in resigning. Players are leaving every junior club for nothing every season. Even clubs like Talbot have lost players they would likely have wanted to retain.

However clubs now only offer most players a year as they are never sure how it will work out, so can't complain when players leave for nothing and possibly earn a bit more money for doing the same job.

I'm sure big currie has taken guys from the juveniles/amateur/ smaller junior clubs for nothing so basically that's the way it is.

No point in whining about it really and he should be wishing the boy well as I would guarantee if he did and the boys pollok move didn't work out then the boy would probably move back to VOC.........

However if he's not being too classy regarding the guys move then he might go elsewhere if it doesn't work out at lok.....

Cause Ian's not on here his issue with Tony is that last pre season two players under contract were called without permission and heppy admits that in his article. I do see his point regarding the disrespectful way players were approached without contacting VoC. Hence the reason he respected the approaches from Arthurlie and Shotts.

Cause Ian's not on here his issue with Tony is that last pre season two players under contract were called without permission and heppy admits that in his article. I do see his point regarding the disrespectful way players were approached without contacting VoC. Hence the reason he respected the approaches from Arthurlie and Shotts.

Hepburn doesn't say that..

“He did his best to get me on board following a pre-season game last summer but Ian was not for letting me go, however Tony kept his promise by following up his interest a year down the line.

That doesn't say he approached me without VoC knowing as you said in your post.

I'm sure big currie has taken guys from the juveniles/amateur/ smaller junior clubs for nothing so basically that's the way it is.

No point in whining about it really and he should be wishing the boy well as I would guarantee if he did and the boys pollok move didn't work out then the boy would probably move back to VOC.........

However if he's not being too classy regarding the guys move then he might go elsewhere if it doesn't work out at lok.....

Just telling the truth, like he always does. Currie does not think the guy is good enough to hold down a place at Pollok and will probably waste a season on the bench. Managers should always tell their players the truth. What Currie said will not affect any return for the player to VofC....players respect the truth and a bet the guy respects Currie.

Hepburn doesn't say that..

“He did his best to get me on board following a pre-season game last summer but Ian was not for letting me go, however Tony kept his promise by following up his interest a year down the line.

That doesn't say he approached me without VoC knowing as you said in your post.

I'm not going in to a slagging match about pollok or Tony I respect both. But facts are two of our players were called without permission and that's why ian would not let them go after that. I know this for fact as players called ian whilst I was with him watching a game his son was playing in. All it takes is a simple call. For him its like big clubs feel like its OK to do that to a smaller club.

Just telling the truth, like he always does. Currie does not think the guy is good enough to hold down a place at Pollok and will probably waste a season on the bench. Managers should always tell their players the truth. What Currie said will not affect any return for the player to VofC....players respect the truth and a bet the guy respects Currie.

I agree with that. He's the reason I ain't moving. I've had my fair share of his brutal honesty on some of my performances and that's a good thing

I'm not going in to a slagging match about pollok or Tony I respect both. But facts are two of our players were called without permission and that's why ian would not let them go after that. I know this for fact as players called ian whilst I was with him watching a game his son was playing in. All it takes is a simple call. For him its like big clubs feel like its OK to do that to a smaller club.

I don't know if that's true or not - but no reason not to believe you. However I was pointing out Hepburn didn't say what you said he did.

You may be right there is prefered ways to do things but as I have said this will happen to every club. I would say for the manager to use the paper to slag off Tony and also his former player is just as crass as any other behaviour that he is complaining about.

I don't know if that's true or not - but no reason not to believe you. However I was pointing out Hepburn didn't say what you said he did.

You may be right there is prefered ways to do things but as I have said this will happen to every club. I would say for the manager to use the paper to slag off Tony and also his former player is just as crass as any other behaviour that he is complaining about.

its done anyway was just trying to put over where ian was coming from. You have a top talent on board now I wish all good luck.

Is there not a development compensation thing for players under 23 or is that just senior?
yes jon, shotts had to pay compensation to bellshill last year at this time, for anton mcdowall, because he was 21, it is an under 23 ruling, don't know how much they paid though.

Archived