West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far - and it's only so far - Hurlford's new recruits don't make them better in my view but certainly make their squad better. And I guess that the Ford fans would argue that if they had fixed their park then they might well have won the league this year. A lot depends on who Talbot bring in, they are certainly locked onto one striker in the seniors but again I would take some persuading that he is better than what they have got.

We keep hearing boys from the top three are looking about but the reality is that they end up sticking where they are if the manager wants them because the wage bracket drops as soon as you go into the middle and bottom of the top division with only really Pollok able to offer serious competition for wages.

I'd be surprised if Spence went to Medda as he'd have to travel from Irvine to Glasgow for training. The irony of it all. If he wants to chop his commute then his other suitors are Troon and Beith, neither of whom can pay as a high a wage but both sorely need a player like him and have registered their interest. Will be very interesting. The Blasties might be an option but I think they train up in the Glasgow area too.

Goalkeeper and Left sided centre half looking for a new club in the Glasgow area after relocation. Both played with Newburgh JFC in the East Region North this year. Previous East Region Premier experience. Any information or contacts welcomed.

I'd be surprised if Spence went to Medda as he'd have to travel from Irvine to Glasgow for training. The irony of it all. If he wants to chop his commute then his other suitors are Troon and Beith, neither of whom can pay as a high a wage but both sorely need a player like him and have registered their interest. Will be very interesting. The Blasties might be an option but I think they train up in the Glasgow area too.

Troon would easily match Meadow's wages.

Archived