West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The keeper you've signed is prone to errors gets lobbed a lot by straying too far off his line yeah your slugging off ally semple but I think your signing will cost you goals this season in my opinion as you seem have given your opinion on on semple

As far as Ally Semple is concerned I would say the following:

Is he a good keeper - absolutely( best keeper - time will tell)

How good is he - possibly kept a mediocre Cumnock team in the top division a season longer than it should have ( arguably)

Type of person - like most on here , I don't know the boy sociably , but, has always been ok to me when I have met him etc

Attitude - that is the one area I think he needs to work on as he has the unfortunate habit of opening mouth before engaging brain ( that's rich coming fae me!!)

Do Cumnock have a lot to thank him for - you better believe it

Am I glad he is gone - yes, because the strong smell of burning around Townhead Park was Ally burning his bridges and alienating everybody involved with the club

However, I wish him all the best at Troon ( or wherever he pitches up next) and thanks for all you did for the Nock

Welcome to Townhead Park to our new goalkeeper who I am sure will do a good job for us..... At least he wants to be here !!!

Saw Robbie Winters was playing for lowland league side East Kilbride in recent games against Annan and Celtic under 20s, scoring a couple of goals for them.

Take it he will be playing lowland league football instead of junior this coming season.

Feel for you Troon Portland never saw a post shot down in flames so quickly on here !

Oh I wouldn't worry, seen an awful lot worse on here!

I wouldn't expect to see Cumnock fans happy to see a player of the calibre of Ally moving away, but we're very pleased to have him at Portland Park. He's hungry and ambitious, which is exactly what we want, we're looking forward to having him in action for us. He gets a very bad press, but other than gossip (which I would always take with a massive pinch of salt, no matter the subject) I've heard many good stories about Ally from very trusted sources.

Cumnock have got a very good replacement in Darren Johnston, and a very good guy into the bargain. Everybody is happy, it seems!

As far as Ally Semple is concerned I would say the following:

Is he a good keeper - absolutely( best keeper - time will tell)

How good is he - possibly kept a mediocre Cumnock team in the top division a season longer than it should have ( arguably)

Type of person - like most on here , I don't know the boy sociably , but, has always been ok to me when I have met him etc

Attitude - that is the one area I think he needs to work on as he has the unfortunate habit of opening mouth before engaging brain ( that's rich coming fae me!!)

Do Cumnock have a lot to thank him for - you better believe it

Am I glad he is gone - yes, because the strong smell of burning around Townhead Park was Ally burning his bridges and alienating everybody involved with the club

However, I wish him all the best at Troon ( or wherever he pitches up next) and thanks for all you did for the Nock

Welcome to Townhead Park to our new goalkeeper who I am sure will do a good job for us..... At least he wants to be here !!!

Ally has done himself no favours in the past couple of months with his comments in general and his posts via social media. This has left a bitter taste in the mouths of some Cumnock fans and rightly so as Ally has received high levels of support from the club since the day he arrived and he has let some people down. However lets not be blinkered by some of his "daft wee boy" recent behaviours and focus on his time at Cumnock. He has been an excellent goalkeeper and saved us numerous points during the past few seasons. He will be missed, but it's also time to go as no one is bigger than the club. If he doesn't want to be at Townhead Park, then bye bye and good luck.

Welcome to the club Darren. I'm sure you'll be made feel welcome at Townhead Park.

Good luck to Ally, would rather have players who want to play for the club.

Sure Troon will realise soon enough that they have taken our two biggest troublemakers off our hands and paid good money for the pleasure into the bargain :-)

Ally could be playing senior football if he'd screw the nut!

Lots of bitterness on show. Good luck to Darren at Cumnock. Served Troon well.

Mcknight was impressive against Kilwinning yesterday. Im sure Ally Semple will do well also.

Oh I wouldn't worry, seen an awful lot worse on here!

I wouldn't expect to see Cumnock fans happy to see a player of the calibre of Ally moving away, but we're very pleased to have him at Portland Park. He's hungry and ambitious, which is exactly what we want, we're looking forward to having him in action for us. He gets a very bad press, but other than gossip (which I would always take with a massive pinch of salt, no matter the subject) I've heard many good stories about Ally from very trusted sources.

Cumnock have got a very good replacement in Darren Johnston, and a very good guy into the bargain. Everybody is happy, it seems!

How do you know he is hungry and ambitious, most players would say that for a good wage, proof will be after a few weeks and months.

Ooh he's hungry all right, HUNGRY FOR THE CASH

There's nothing wrong with wanting money you know.

Semple has gone from a 1st division side to a premier one and earned Cumnock a decent amount of money as a result. There's a lot of bitterness over this for some reason.

NEW SIGNING!!

Troon FC are delighted to announce that we have agreed terms with both Ally Semple and Cumnock ahead of his move to Portland Park. Our management team of Jimmy Kirkwood & Gordon Burns are delighted that undoubtedly one of the best keepers in Junior football will be our last line of defence this season, and given our other business in the summer we are very excited about the season ahead.

As part of the agreement, goalkeeper Darren Johnston will move to Cumnock & I would like to wish Darren all the very best with his new team.

Welcome to the club, Ally!

Lol good luck !

www.troonfc.com/

Played with Ally at Glenafton for a short period and found him to be a decent boy albeit filled with young boy daftness. Surprised at the comments about him being a liability but no doubting his ability. I have a feeling he just wasn't enjoying it a Cumnock and wanted to stay in Premier but went about this the wrong way due to professional immaturity, I really didn't get the impression in any way that he was a bad egg! I hope he proves people wrong on here and has a great season at Troon .

Archived