West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Cumbernauld's Twitter Gavin Mackie's away now as well, that's 6 players from their starting line up that's left them now.

What's going on? Is it a money thing or just guys feeling they have went as far as they can with Cumbernauld and want to move on. Going to be really tough for them to bring in players to replace the ones they have lost.

Don't think it's a big loss that these players are leaving Cumbernauld Zok hardly played this season Carroll good at holing up play but not a goal scorer Murphy inconsistent and Fraser Brown and Boyle where part of a defence that had the second worst goals against in the league

Sounds like a very disgruntled fan!

Clubs learned from it and on its way back up. If we continue to develop on and off the park as we have been it won't happen again in the near future.

Your calling Arthurlie a wee team. Just remember they have never been relegated from the top league

Not that I know of, but I've no doubt George will have players in mind

I count 7 left, that's a heck of a lot of the required standard of players to find in a short space of time. We had a similar problem a couple of seasons ago and it was really difficult and even at that we had two or three weeks longer than Cumbernauld have, unless they have replacements already lined up without anyone knowing.

I would say that they'll both decide, I'm not sure. They've both got a good knowledge of the junior game. At least you won't have to worry about Zok scoring against you this season Peter

That's the only reason we've signed him, lol. ;-) Seriously, I hope he does for us what he did repeatedly against us. ;-)

Zok's a quality striker, he struggled early on last season due to illness, but with a good pre- season behind him and some decent service he'll rattle in the goals

We're only too painfully aware of what he's capable of. ;-)

what's that got to do with you being arrogant..just admit your gaffer didn't approach Currie about the lad and Tony known for it.. Currie says it how it is..

He was a free agent why would we need to speak to anyone other than the guy himself.

Mon the Lok now

He was a free agent why would we need to speak to anyone other than the guy himself.

Mon the Lok now

Because it's general courtesy to request the clubs permission first like the other clubs did.

Just like if you wish to play an amateur player as a trialist to make up the numbers late in the season if your short of bodies.

Technically you don't need to speak to his club but it's manners for me.

what's that got to do with you being arrogant..just admit your gaffer didn't approach Currie about the lad and Tony known for it.. Currie says it how it is..

You seem very interested in Pollok as comment at every opportunity.

I think its pretty clear what's happened, despite the player being free agent, Pollok contacted a member of VoC committee to say we were going to speak to the player. So Currie maybe right Tony didn't speak to him, but Pollok did speak to the club.

Anyway... Considering your manager was speaking to you about the managers job while playing for us - and we were both in the same relegation battle - hardly puts you in a position to criticise anyone.

But again this thread about to go off in another tangent.

So far happy with the signings Pollok have made, hopefully a few more to come, but a very hard season is ahead and looking at the start to the league campaign it's very tough.

Arthurlie are delighted to announce the signings of Gary Carroll from Cumbernauld and David MacKay from Vale of Clyde. Welcome to Dunterlie.

MacKay is a good player with loads of energy and pace. He can do well for Arthurlie.

But he's not attached to a club.

So what your saying is if a guys unemployed. You need to speak to his old employee to ask permission to employ him. If he not signed up then he free game.

Mon the Lok now

So what your saying is if a guys unemployed. You need to speak to his old employee to ask permission to employ him. If he not signed up then he free game.

Mon the Lok now

You can't compare everyday employment to the world of football.

Mon the Lok now

But he would have been when the enquiry was made.

So you are saying that two clubs who requested the clubs permission to speak to the player are wrong and one club in Pollok who never requested permission were correct? :huh: :huh:

Archived