West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

The player was on holiday, this comes from a reliable source was asked to come to ur pre season starts on 4th I think?

It's possible you're correct. I don't know all of the players that the gaffer is interested in, but I do know some who have either signed or agreed to sign, but we will confirm them when the time is right. I also know he has asked a few to come to pre-season.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible you're correct. I don't know all of the players that the gaffer is interested in, but I do know some who have either signed or agreed to sign, but we will confirm them when the time is right. I also know he has asked a few to come to pre-season.

I might dust off my boots for ur pre season! Women's world cups on so I'm off to do some scouting.......Lang need to strengthen so will see if anyone suitable maybe recommend to them

Am I right in hearing Darren miller of Ardrossan winton is replacing Mark Campbell at Bot?

No offence intended here but the boy ain't Talbot class. He has struggled everywhere he has went. ADL is his level at the moment

Don't have a clue if its true or not but tucker has developed a lot is so called district league players into talbot players, gav Collins came from largs, hyslop annbank and more recently wullie boyd wasn't even playing with largs (fair enough in the super) but has went on to be a regular in the team I think this year- I doubt many largs fan would have seen that happening

Meanwhile, among those Junior players stepping up into the Senior ranks is highly-sought-after Rossvale striking prospect Yami Misango, who is believed to have put pen-to-paper for Albion Rovers. The teenager was reportedly on the radar of several Senior clubs and was attracting the attention of Blantyre Vics and Glenafton, but Cliftonhill boss Darren Young won the race for his signature.

Rossvale team manager Martin Lauchlan revealed: "All manner of approaches were made to Yami since our season ended and he was in a quandary over what would be his best move, but Darren persuaded him to throw in his lot with Rovers.

“We were never going to stand in his way and he leaves with our best wishes and I’m just glad we have a quality replacement coming on board in the shape of Jay Mackay, whose energy and drive has the makings of a decent partnership alongside Fraser Team. But they will need to earn their spurs as we have several other irons in the fire and our aim is to have four top strikers going into the First Division."

Glenafton’s goalscoring midfielder Cameron Marlow, now back on these shores following a spell in the USA, has turned down a return to Loch Park in favour of joining Queen's Park, whose manager Gus McPherson is also hoping to run the rule over Blantyre Vics winger David Galt after inviting him in to pre-season training at Hampden Park. And a surprise step-up opportunity has arisen for Irvine Meadow defender Mark Staunton, who has sealed a move to Stirling Albion after reportedly being on the verge of signing for Beith or Pollok.

Don't have a clue if its true or not but tucker has developed a lot is so called district league players into talbot players, gav Collins came from largs, hyslop annbank and more recently wullie boyd wasn't even playing with largs (fair enough in the super) but has went on to be a regular in the team I think this year- I doubt many largs fan would have seen that happening

I thought Gavin Collins came from darvel?

I did indeed sign from Darvel when Tam McDonald was still Talbot manager. Tucker came in a few months later after Kenny Paterson and Derek McDicken had taken temporary charge. That doesn't take away from Tucker who has found some crackers over the years. Whitey from Annbank to become one of the best midfielders of the last decade has to be right up there!

I did indeed sign from Darvel when Tam McDonald was still Talbot manager. Tucker came in a few months later after Kenny Paterson and Derek McDicken had taken temporary charge. That doesn't take away from Tucker who has found some crackers over the years. Whitey from Annbank to become one of the best midfielders of the last decade has to be right up there!

The real quality of guys like tucker isn't just in the scouting of these guys who start at lower league teams it's also instilling the winning mentality / belief that they can make the step up and become winners.

Lots of other managers can find raw talent just like tucker but a lot of these players either can't handle the step up through a lack of confidence or just don't want it enough .

Tucker seems to push/ encourage them to the maximum and its a great strength that he has and it makes him a top manager.

I remember Beith lots of times in the early to mid nineties signed lots of guys who were top juveniles / good prospects from lower league clubs and the vast majority never really worked and I think while the ability was there the mindset / dedication wasn't and these guys never made it.

Tucker seems to be able to make it work with these guys season after season and fair play to the guy.

Darren Miller on his day is a decent enough player who, on his day, could probably do a job at right back for Talbot. With all respect to the good right backs out there, it is a position you can get away with certainly in terms of the defensive responsibilities without being a great player.

The varied opinions on him will be partly due to his inconsistency, but mostly because he's regarded as an unpopular, arrogant individual among the majority of lower Ayrshire teams.

Archived