West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

Tommy Martin didn't look the same player without Vinny Berry along side him.

I hope he does well at Beith though.

Quoted for truth - spot on mate . Tommy was great when he had Vinnie to do all his running for him - last season he didn't and it showed . Nice guy though - despite recent indiscretions - I wish him well.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Tommy martin had a parting shot at the management in the Clydebank post.

He said“ There was a massive change in the squad. It was a lot poorer squad from the teams we have had over the years, it wasn’t as if it was a change during the season, if anything we probably brought in better quality players during the season. “Something wasn’t right and it wasn’t just the players, I didn’t think there was something right at the management level. I know the players will take most the blame which I do as well because I had a poor season and I take the blame for my performances. "To the same extent the management have to take some too. At the start of the season I thought the coaches were really optimistic with the squad we had. “We wanted to challenge for the league because we had finished third, fourth then third. Myself and Auzzy as captain and vice captain said at the start of the season that we didn’t think we were good enough to challenge but the manager thought we would compete.” - See more at: http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/sport/clydebank-fc/articles/2015/05/28/897690-martin-i-had-to-leave-bankies-to-enjoy-football-again/#sthash.Seq0HBhi.dpuf

Id imagine that the captain and VC would be the supposed leaders in the dressing room ,but with a defeatist attitude like that, before your seasons started ,no wonder Clydebank struggled .

Love the way Clatty that everyone seems to be wise after the event !

Troon have signed 20 year old Ayr Utd striker Dale Shirkie.

And yes, we've signed Dale Shirkie as well!!

Dale comes with an outstanding reputation, we're really excited to have him here at Portland Park for the coming season. Welcome to Troon, Dale!

Rutherglen Glencairn defender Andy Neil has signed a new deal to stay with the club for season 2015-16, despite interest from several clubs. Andy has made 98 competitive appearances for the club so far since stepping up from the club's under 21 side in the summer of 2011, and will now go into his 5th season with the 1st team.

And yes, we've signed Dale Shirkie as well!!

Dale comes with an outstanding reputation, we're really excited to have him here at Portland Park for the coming season. Welcome to Troon, Dale!

I know Dale Shirkie well from when he played boys football. He was a goal machine then so, assuming he hasn't lost it, you've got a good 'un. He played in the same school team as Mark Shankland of Talbot.

On good authority two excellent signings at Bellsdale - Stephen Grindlay -goalkeeper ex Dumbarton, Ritchie Burke - midfielder ex Petershill.

Beiths rebuilding already underway. Hope Ladeside keep up.

On good authority two excellent signings at Bellsdale - Stephen Grindlay -goalkeeper ex Dumbarton, Ritchie Burke - midfielder ex Petershill.

Beiths rebuilding already underway. Hope Ladeside keep up.

I heard that last week & tbh I thought it was all rumours. I also heard of another two that will be signing this week, that will also raise a few eyebrows !! Could we have a title challenge from Beith this season ? Interesting times.

Archived