West Region summer transfer thread 2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What type of person do you mean. Wife beater, drug dealer? Fair enough couldn't argue with that. The point being when you start to make statements like that then where do you draw the line. Is it just certain types of crime you disagree with? What about using illegal drugs, what would u do if your team signed someone convicted of possession? Then is it class C is ok but not class A.

Yes the first two you mentioned and he's convicted of both so I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club despite him being a very good footballer.

Nobody is being niave here in thinking every footballer is 100% perfect and every dressing room up and down the country will have jack the lads/ Del Boy types/ guys that like a good drink but when we are talking about a guy here who's already been giving loads of chances by so many and keeps on blowing it and misplacing their faith In him then he's blown all trust and any respect for me.

Yes the first two you mentioned and he's convicted of both so I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club despite him being a very good footballer.

Nobody is being niave here in thinking every footballer is 100% perfect and every dressing room up and down the country will have jack the lads/ Del Boy types/ guys that like a good drink but when we are talking about a guy here who's already been giving loads of chances by so many and keeps on blowing it and misplacing their faith In him then he's blown all trust and any respect for me.

Regardless of how good a player he is, hes been convicted of several serious offences (and spare me the whole "he`s done his time give the guy a chance" ) any club signing someone like this needs to have a good look at what type of message they`re sending out. It`s generally accepted on numerous other threads that Clubs at this level need to engage with the local communities/villages that they sit within to have any sort of chance of encouraging the next generation of supporter/committee member/player etc to at least give the game a fighting chance of surviving/evolving. The fact is that by signing someone with these types of convictions it does the complete opposite. You`re saying that carrying knives,dealing in drugs (regardless of Class or quantity) and domestic violence are acceptable because he might get the club a few goals. Sorry but as soon as he`s convicted then hes lost to the game as far as I`m concerned and any club that signs this type of player really needs to question where there moral/social conscience lies...

Regardless of how good a player he is, hes been convicted of several serious offences (and spare me the whole "he`s done his time give the guy a chance" ) any club signing someone like this needs to have a good look at what type of message they`re sending out. It`s generally accepted on numerous other threads that Clubs at this level need to engage with the local communities/villages that they sit within to have any sort of chance of encouraging the next generation of supporter/committee member/player etc to at least give the game a fighting chance of surviving/evolving. The fact is that by signing someone with these types of convictions it does the complete opposite. You`re saying that carrying knives,dealing in drugs (regardless of Class or quantity) and domestic violence are acceptable because he might get the club a few goals. Sorry but as soon as he`s convicted then hes lost to the game as far as I`m concerned and any club that signs this type of player really needs to question where there moral/social conscience lies...

Who are you debating with here mate?

You've quoted myself who quoted that I wouldn't want him near my club.

Agree with all of your post but a wee bit confused as you seem to think I'm pro - strachan when im actually 100% agreeing with you.

Who are you debating with here mate?

You've quoted myself who quoted that I wouldn't want him near my club.

Agree with all of your post but a wee bit confused as you seem to think I'm pro - strachan when im actually 100% agreeing with you.

The perils of posting on a tablet on a train!!..... I thought I had captured a couple of other posts/quotes and ended up with yours!! :blink:

The perils of posting on a tablet on a train!!..... I thought I had captured a couple of other posts/quotes and ended up with yours!! :blink:

Haha no worries .

I wonder how probably the most important people of all in his fellow team mates would feel sharing a dressing room with strachan , baring in mind there are loads of different guys in different professions in dressing rooms from police officers to in some other cases lawyers and also managing directors , business owners etc .

Would for example a police officer / lawyer feel comfortable sharing a dressing room with a guy with serious convictions and a guy that never seems to learn when given 2nd , 3rd , 4th and 5th chances .

Haha no worries .

I wonder how probably the most important people of all in his fellow team mates would feel sharing a dressing room with strachan , baring in mind there are loads of different guys in different professions in dressing rooms from police officers to in some other cases lawyers and also managing directors , business owners etc .

Would for example a police officer / lawyer feel comfortable sharing a dressing room with a guy with serious convictions and a guy that never seems to learn when given 2nd , 3rd , 4th and 5th chances .

You`re right its a no brainer. Anyone associated with any club, players,staff etc they all have families and to go home and tell a Wife/Girlfriend/Mother etc that the new team-mate has a conviction for drug offences,domestic abuse and carrying a knife........ but on the plus side hes a decent player.....notwithstanding that it could give clubs other problems in terms of how any sponsor would view a signing like that............

Cracking player but cancels all his ability out with his negatives. Had his chance over and over but continued to blow it. Thank f**k there are decent folk at our club who have morals and wouldn't entertain him. The guy shouldn't be in the game, simple. And any manager, committee or fans that are happy to have him in their ranks go down in my estimations, not got a great opinion of medda anyway so no love lost.

Archived