Berwick Rangers 2015/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree but the manager has had what two maybe three talk ins? He's had an attempt to get in the play offs in a half season and a full season in what people was a shot a the title and we finished joint second bottom, the club has gone backwards in that time. Excuses were given before and they will be given again but because they are fronting up that makes it alright?

I agree but the manager has had what two maybe three talk ins? He's had an attempt to get in the play offs in a half season and a full season in what people was a shot a the title and we finished joint second bottom, the club has gone backwards in that time. Excuses were given before and they will be given again but because they are fronting up that makes it alright?

Of course it doesn't make it alright. But just because we have been shite on the park and have justified criticisms, doesn't mean they should be criticised for absolutely everything. They are sticking by the manager. We might disagree, but they've given us the opportunity to question them. That is perfectly reasonable.

Also, belittling the cup run looks ridiculous. We got to the quarter finals, the last 8 ffs! It is a very good achievement, whoever we played to get there. Beating 4 teams, including the champions of our league and East Fife away is an achievement.

My problem with posts like yours, is that there are many things to complain and moan about, but if you just moan about absolutely everything, even perfectly reasonable things, it just comes across as ranting nonsense. Nobody will take anything said on here seriously and the good points will get lost as those in charge will just look at it and think "ah, people on there have an agenda" or, "they just moan for the sake of it."

Statement now back online after a certain Vodkamonster horror show.

Thank you Brian for finally producing the goods. I think the only thing the statement is missing is probably some form of apology for how long it has taken - but even then that's nothing in the grand scheme, getting it is the main thing.

Think the Chairman deserves a lot of credit for the idea of the talk-in during pre-season. It's actually a pretty ballsy move to stand up and face the music, and so long as 'anything goes' in some respects, and it also gives Cameron the opportunity to explain some of the decisions he's made or is making while they remain relevant.

But for the likes of bandits, I see no winner. Why are you enraged by the statement?

I must admit, I get a bit frustrated with fans who get in a state but show absolutely no desire to contest the decisions they're annoyed with. Sitting on P&B and slating may be a good way to vent frustration - I've done my fair share, but if you haven't the desire or perhaps will to match their bottle and ask challenging questions, then there's surely only so much you can complain. I like Porteous and still believe he's the best man for the job, but no one in a position of that responsibility should be given an easy ride - and I believe the same should go for Managers. The best thing you can do is get along and make life tough for them both. Anyone who gives a toss about Berwick should be there armed with questions after the fucking beast of a season we've had. If nothing else, it makes it clear the fans won't take being fucked about like we have over the past 2 months.

Cracking post.

Of course it doesn't make it alright. But just because we have been shite on the park and have justified criticisms, doesn't mean they should be criticised for absolutely everything. They are sticking by the manager. We might disagree, but they've given us the opportunity to question them. That is perfectly reasonable.

Also, belittling the cup run looks ridiculous. We got to the quarter finals, the last 8 ffs! It is a very good achievement, whoever we played to get there. Beating 4 teams, including the champions of our league and East Fife away is an achievement.

My problem with posts like yours, is that there are many things to complain and moan about, but if you just moan about absolutely everything, even perfectly reasonable things, it just comes across as ranting nonsense. Nobody will take anything said on here seriously and the good points will get lost as those in charge will just look at it and think "ah, people on there have an agenda" or, "they just moan for the sake of it."

Another cracking post.

This is a fans forums, where you are allowed to air your opinion. My opinion obviously happens to be different from yours. This is a results business and results have not been good enough simple as that. The lack of a statement was also moaned about by yourself, as was results, Cameron and individual players.

However we'll agree to disagree on the Chairmans eventual statement and the planned talk in.

This is a fans forums, where you are allowed to air your opinion. My opinion obviously happens to be different from yours. This is a results business and results have not been good enough simple as that. The lack of a statement was also moaned about by yourself, as was results, Cameron and individual players.

However we'll agree to disagree on the Chairmans eventual statement and the planned talk in.

Yep, fair enough.

Irrespective of the statement issued the fact remains that there sems very little on the playing front.

I personally think most of the blame lays with the playing staff, Its been there for all to see, that the fact remains most weren't up to it for whatever reason

Yet closed season these very same players are being offered another contract. Others who may have done the business have been told cheerio.

I would rather finish in 8th with a team prepared to fight/battle and be proud to play in black n gold, than finish in 8th with a bunch of players with an attitude like we had.

CC and Brian may host a talk-in (sadly I won't be coming up from Cambridgeshire for it) I hope its honest and a plan is in place for next season, not a justification for the season coming by using last year as a benchmark saying we will do better.

Money is there, they have no excuse

Fair play to chairman making that statement, sounds like Cameron although having the full backing will definitely have to hit the ground running next season. More of the same early next term and I think he will be getting the axe pretty sharply.

The Chairman's statement is helpful in clarifying matters, but.......

1) The opening para feels a bit like "we reached the quarter finals of the cup, what more do you want?". Actually, I'd like a team that regulary challenges for the title and now and again even gets promoted

2) Although he makes reference to a poor league campaign,there is no recognition that one of the main reasons supporters are so pissed off is that this is the 8th consecutive season where the team has underachieved. People have every right to demand a team that competes at the top end of the table, not a bunch of disinterested, overpaid also-rans. We look at the likes of Annan with envy. That's what Berwick Rangers should be aspiring to. A talk-in might help clear the air but as a supporter I like to hear some big-picture stuff about the board's long-term plans for the club, new stadium and all.

3) Restricting the audience at the talk-in would be an own goal.There are many supporters who are members of neither the SC nor the Trust but who should also have the opportunity to express their views.

Other than that, some good posts above. The statement has helped to focus mind, and that's a good thing. We all want the best for Berwick Rangers - with one or two exceptions on here maybe - so that should be the starting point moving forward.

The point coming over is the fans want to see a good team at least challenging for the league every year . Cup runs granted. Produce good income but if some of that was reinvested in a good strong league team then in theory gate receipts should increase and more money coming into the club.8th isn't acceptable to anyone but hopefully cc is working on that early. Just have to wait and see.

Martyniuk was absolutely awful for us on loan. He might be able to play football, but he sure isn't a centre-half. Must have something about him to get a contract with Hibs, but he kept it well hidden.

Sounds like you rated him KHS - what`s he like ?

Very good winger for a league 2 side , always capable of chipping in with a goal and assists . Be a good squad player for Rovers! Disappointed to see him go but if a league 1 club with good prospects and a solid foundation came calling I'd leave the third worst league team in Scotland in a flash for them.

Archived