Berwick Rangers 2015/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a tad ott Redcar, i am fairly sure she wont be expecting her picture splashed all over p n b regardless of how nice she may look. What is it with fans desperate to know new kits, signings, new physio etc just let them get on with it. There are going to be plenty of players still unattached even at the start of the season, and even stating that some have made good signings which maybe true but others have signed Bolo and Maxwell!!

PS Theres plenty of rumours!!

What is it with fans desperate to know new signings

Can't believe you've actually asked that. Based on how pish last season was its no surprise people are wanting to see some positive news sooner rather than later.

For all we know the squad could be formulating quite nicely as it is but not making it public as it would alert other clubs to availability or they may need to speak to other managers or chairman first for permission and they might just be on holiday like our Chairman, deals could be waiting to b signed, after all some contracts finish at the end of May. Yes it wasnt the greatest season ever but we have had a hell of a lot worse. But at the end of the day we will wear a black and gold top as first choice have a diff second strip, play at Shielfield, watch someone treat injured players managed by Cameron, whether we like it or not. The choice is yours alone whether you watch or not. A Chairmans statement would be quite welcome though as long as it focused on the future and not the past as everyone just wants to forgot that.

Thats a tad ott Redcar, i am fairly sure she wont be expecting her picture splashed all over p n b regardless of how nice she may look. What is it with fans desperate to know new kits, signings, new physio etc just let them get on with it. There are going to be plenty of players still unattached even at the start of the season, and even stating that some have made good signings which maybe true but others have signed Bolo and Maxwell!!

PS Theres plenty of rumours!!

Deleted in shame. Sorry!

Edited: to add that there was a genuine if slightly oblique relevance to the rest of this thread, but I bottled mentioning his name.... Then compounded it with the picture. Full explanation available In Ducket in August in the unlikely event anyone still gives a toss.

Genuinely embarrassed at the way it came out, and apologies to the physio if she saw it before deletion.

Shutting up now.

Thats what we've been waiting for. Thank you Brian and credit where credits due for being open to the idea of a pre season talk-in too. Gives the club and trust the chance to voice the fans opinions. Much better.

Well, fair enough really. Just a waiting game for some decent signings, then last season can be put to bed.

Edit (again): Well the link worked for a minute and now it's gone again......

Fair point about the Scottish but didn't have to play a team from a league above and played two non league teams so wasn't the hardest route to the quarters so a bit of the luck of the draw. Does that mean if Spartans had put us out Cameron would have been out the door?

The comment about everyone thinking the squad was good enough to challenge then surely that's the managers fault as he has assembled players. Also the comment of falling short is a bit of an understatement, we finished joint second bottom, 10 points off the play offs!!!

Does he honestly think that Cameron would tell him he had applied for the Raith job?!!

Will anyone actually turn up for the talk in? Hearing two men trying to defend their actions to keep everyone happy and then for fans have to put up with the same crap again until the next talk in! No thanks!

Actions speaking louder than words Mr Chairman!

That statement is a total after thought I am afraid.

Hollow words. Anyone could have predicted the majority of the content especially the throw away, the club, our club, pulling at the heart string bit.

I think it would have been right in January to think about offering the Manager a contract extension. Still in the cup, still a decent chance of play offs and a bit of continuity is not a bad thing in football.

Sadly, it all came crashing down after being swatted aside by Hibs, almost finishing in the wrong play offs and collapsing in a feeble heap right at the end.

I guess the Board wouldn't have made the same decision if they'd waited a few weeks - and they should have done because the signs of our collapse could be seen by many of the fans.

Having said that, I welcome what he's said and I hope the gaffer makes signings for us to get excited about.

Keeper, centre-half and centre-mid all with a bit of experience and decent reputation, and I'll be happy.

Statement now back online after a certain Vodkamonster horror show.

Thank you Brian for finally producing the goods. I think the only thing the statement is missing is probably some form of apology for how long it has taken - but even then that's nothing in the grand scheme, getting it is the main thing.

Think the Chairman deserves a lot of credit for the idea of the talk-in during pre-season. It's actually a pretty ballsy move to stand up and face the music, and so long as 'anything goes' in some respects, and it also gives Cameron the opportunity to explain some of the decisions he's made or is making while they remain relevant.

But for the likes of bandits, I see no winner. Why are you enraged by the statement?

I must admit, I get a bit frustrated with fans who get in a state but show absolutely no desire to contest the decisions they're annoyed with. Sitting on P&B and slating may be a good way to vent frustration - I've done my fair share, but if you haven't the desire or perhaps will to match their bottle and ask challenging questions, then there's surely only so much you can complain. I like Porteous and still believe he's the best man for the job, but no one in a position of that responsibility should be given an easy ride - and I believe the same should go for Managers. The best thing you can do is get along and make life tough for them both. Anyone who gives a toss about Berwick should be there armed with questions after the fucking beast of a season we've had. If nothing else, it makes it clear the fans won't take being fucked about like we have over the past 2 months.

Fair point about the Scottish but didn't have to play a team from a league above and played two non league teams so wasn't the hardest route to the quarters so a bit of the luck of the draw. Does that mean if Spartans had put us out Cameron would have been out the door?

The comment about everyone thinking the squad was good enough to challenge then surely that's the managers fault as he has assembled players. Also the comment of falling short is a bit of an understatement, we finished joint second bottom, 10 points off the play offs!!!

Does he honestly think that Cameron would tell him he had applied for the Raith job?!!

Will anyone actually turn up for the talk in? Hearing two men trying to defend their actions to keep everyone happy and then for fans have to put up with the same crap again until the next talk in! No thanks!

Actions speaking louder than words Mr Chairman!

There are things to moan about, but moaning about the chairman and manager fronting up and giving fans the opportunity to question them isn't one of them surely. We've moaned about lack of communication, then when he does communicate and offers something like that, it's 'actions louder than words'.

Of course we want to see actions, but IMO that talk is a great idea. At least we'll get to hear it from the horses mouth. I'd also suggest a face face question is also going to have more influence than a nameless person ranting on on the Internet.

Archived