Berwick Rangers 2015/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weve signed full back mcneill on pre contract. Thoughts

If thats true i'd assume there is a promotion clause or something. Was meant to be signing for a league one team before we nabbed him.

Knows how to cross a ball, knows how to hit a freekick and as you seen at Broadwood he also knows how to shoot.

Will be disappointed to lose him.

He started well, however has drifted away in his level of performances. I think a bit like Drummond, he's struggled to adapt to part time football.

I'd have probably have kept him, but doubt he'll be too hard to replace.

Weve signed full back mcneill on pre contract. Thoughts

Came wth a good reputation having spent several years at Norwich but has'nt really lived up his billing. Started well but has been pretty ordinary since then. Form has picked up a bit recently coincidental with a general upturn in form. Not concerned about losing him and confident Coff will replace him with a more aggressive, attacking right back.

• 2 weeks later...

Berwick dropped as many points in March as we've dropped since the 2nd of January.

Its for the month of March though, so Lets compare:

EF- 10

Berwick- 10

Goals conceded:

EF - 4

Berwick - 1

Whilst i'm not sure if you were top at the beginning of the month, you weren't far away. On the other hand we've saved ourself from a serious relegation threat.

You're top because you've been consistently decent, where as we have had a complete turnaround.

Coff should've won it IMO.

Naysmith and Coughlin were obviously the only two candidates and given that we went in to March on a bit of a run and Berwick really moved up a gear or two, I wouldn't have grumbled had Coughlin got it. But 13 points from 15 against Elgin, Annan, QP and away to Stirling and Arbroath and scoring 15 goals in the process is pretty difficult to argue against.

Maybe the SPFL just didn't want to jinx Berwick so they can gub Clyde on Saturday?

Would imagine contract extension for Coff. Can't see it being him going or announcing new manager, so has to be contract extension, with back room staff also tied down. We will wait and see

Two year FULL TIME deal - wow.......

"“This is a real positive step forward for us all. John came into the club when we were at a very low point. We were at the foot of the table and staring at a pyramid play off game and who knows what the consequences of that would be!â€"

This is nonense.

When John was appointed we were 7pts off the top, 3pts off second, 2pts off third and 2pts off fourth.  The chairman stated at the time of appointment anything less than the playoffs would be seen as a failure, video and interview available via The Berwick Advertiser.

Things were a shambles when he came, whatever the league position was. I wasn't too pleased with the appointment initially and it clearly took him a while to sort out the dressing room, but since his January work the team is transformed. He's done a great job overall.

Archived