Berwick Rangers 2015/16

Red Mist what you have posted about how your suggestion was dismissed has shocked me. It's a total closed shop and Eyre is in the box seat.

You may be everything you suggested but you have BRFC at the very centre of your heart and you are no silly b*****d and talk a massive amount of sense so it's a shame you don't have time to get involved.

Or do you and would you? You would be a good acquisition.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone's forgotten, we're sitting 9th in the league and are in deep trouble. Crowds are dwindling and we look uncompetitive in the transfer window. The future could be Lowland League-shaped, and that's a dismal project and a desperate failure. If that does'nt shake people out of complacency, nothing will. No more status quo - it's not working. Time for a big change.

Good post above from Red Mist ^^^

I totally agree, I sometimes find it hard to sleep wondering what's going on within the club - we seem to be second to everything and I'm not just talking about on the pitch. On the transfer front a few people have touched on, there is no quality coming through just Hibs rejects or Junior players. We have tonnes of money in the bank and I don't understand why were not using it. Well me personally I think the club are quite happy to let the club stroll along for a mid-table finish season after season. Quite clearly this is the case, look at the play/offs in 12/13 against East Fife (biggest game of the season) when Little dropped two of our key men because the directors were frightened we were going to get promotion than the following season we lost to Stirling A at Forthbank with what I could only describe as the most bizarre sending off I've witnessed at a football game and consequently we lost out to a play off place and we never appealed the decision on the sending off. Next again season we appoint Cameron (quietest man on earth in the dugout, who thought he can outrun a fox - yes give the man credit he could play at times but has a manager ehh no, No f**k**g balls to shout at players, just like Little. Yet we offered him a new contract (hello!!).

As a supporter you want to see your team challenge for promotion and I think we all thought this year would be a turning point especially after we played so well at St Mirren and beat Alloa in the cup, you would have thought Cameron would have learned from his mistakes but this season has gone from bad to worse. I personally don't think we will finish bottom, no disrespect to East Stirling but I think there in a more serious position but there fighting week after week but I just feel we have slightly more in the tank which will see us finish 8th or 9th. But lets not get away from the matter, fans deserve better and were getting mugged week after week, nothings changing and I can't see it changing not for the formidable future anyway.

We have some good loyal supporters at the club and at this present time I can honestly say there is not one person I dislike at the club. However I do question the directors, I think they need to address some issues and come out of the wee boys room and start showing us some passion because to me it just seems they don't have the clubs best interests at heart. They are never all there. It's funny I was at the Inverurie Loco's game against Annan in the pub before hand and there must have been about 7 or 8 Annan directors all chatting away, some to fans, some on their mobiles probably trying to sign up latest talent in the North of England yet our Directors act as though there in a Conference every week shut themselves away in their wee private room probably having clueless ideas. Honestly its farcical - moral of the story is Annan are fighting at the top because they have a togetherness, we on the other hand are at the opposite end of the scale and it's becoming a joke.

We need someone passionate in, who has the club's best interests at heart, as like red mist said were going backwards not forwards. I wish things could change and we could bring back the supporters who have ditched the club due to poor performances on the pitch but it's going to take more than a few wins. Think this is only my 2nd or 3rd post and yes I may come across as moaning old toad but somethings gotta change rapidly as I'm just not enjoying it anymore - I sometimes wish I could give it up and spend more time on my my archaeology digs, maybe it's calling me. Even had free tickets to watch 4 or 5 Hearts games this season - pals trying to deter me away although they're are great to watch, you stick by your team but let me assure you if it doesn't improve i'll be the next supporter to walk.

Red Mist what you have posted about how your suggestion was dismissed has shocked me. It's a total closed shop and Eyre is in the box seat.

You may be everything you suggested but you have BRFC at the very centre of your heart and you are no silly b*****d and talk a massive amount of sense so it's a shame you don't have time to get involved.

Or do you and would you? You would be a good acquisition.

Cheers Davie. Tough question. If the behind-closed-doors vote for a new chair on Saturday goes the way I think it will, there's not a snowball in hell's chance of me ever being involved. Under a different chairman, then I'd be interested in working for the club.

I'm going to return to the issue of the supporters club and the 26,000 shares again. I've spoken to some SC committee members and they appear to be genuinely in the dark about this. Is there a possibility it's being carried out as an executive decision by the 3 director members of the SC committee without full discussion by the committee? That's speculation on my part, but if it's true, then it would highlight serious concerns about the SC decision-making process.

The SC already has 93,000 shares, making it the biggest single shareholder in the football club (the Trust has 72,000). I still don't understand why the SC feels the need to further increase its shareholding using monies that should be benefitting the football club............unless the ruling clique on the board want to ensure their position is bullet proof and resistant to any future challenge, constitutional or otherwise. As per my previous post, it would be helpful to have a definitive statement on here from a SC representative which explains what is happening and why.

I'm hearing Saturday's game is still in doubt due to drainage problems with the area of the pitch which leads in front of the main stand & turnstile area. The vote for the new chairman will still go ahead on Saturday however, so watch out for smoke signals above Shielfield. If they're mason-shaped, you know who our next chairman is.

Could it be the SC trying to become a majority? This will leave them with a around 33% if I still remember higher accounts.

Possibly, but apart from existing SC and Trust shareholdings, most of the balance of the existing shareholdings are very small. The current shareholidng list is available from Companies House, so you can see who holds what. A lot of small shareholdings will be in the names of people who are deceased. There is no threat of any kind to the current SC shareholding. They basically have a controlling interest, which is why I'm keen to find out the rationale behind this move.

See confirmation of Russell's departure announced on site along with Ainslie news saying he 'could' be leaving?!?

What on earth is that supposed to mean? Handling of the whole situation (with news in local press before anyone else seemed to know, inc. the player) has been a farce tbh. Totally avoidable and another bat for which disillusioned locals can use to beat the club with.

Hopefully we can get a striker in now Russell has gone. But it looks as though we could still do with a CB or two as well!

All this crap on Twitter about the players missing Russell, sad to see him go, quiet changing room, missing his patter, team nights out etc, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say apart for the 100% effort he gave in games , and his goal against Albion to send us to the quarters last season he hasn't given us much else to cheer.

Maybe without his nonsense and all that crap the team will realise it's time to get serious and realistic, and start getting the job done, putting the club first and not treating it like a kick about then a mad piss-up with their pals!

Don't get me wrong he was good at times for us, but not often enough.

From one relegation fight to another

Well done to coff, few new strikers, couple defenders too please.

They were probably his friends, the b*****ds!!

But in all seriousness, it's about time there was a proper clear out. The team has been screaming for it for years, but it's ashame we haven't seen it in a summer.

A striker is definitely a must in this window, then the defence and keeper looked at properly in the summer assuming we survive.

I think all the talk about getting players in really hides the main problem, getting players in is short term, I know they need results asap, but its the club that needs fixed before the team. 10 years of the same failings!!!

Our chairman has said on twitter you's have signed our striker Sandy Cunnigham on loan till the end of the season, and yes rememeber that match, he scored the last minute winner vs you's

He better continue to score last minute winners.

In all seriousness though, is he any good? I always thought Stirling rated him.

Cunningham came through as a promising youngster about 5 years ago but just never really developed past that. We seem to play him out wide for the last few seasons but always thought he was much better as an out and out striker.

He has goals in him and with a wee run of form he will consistently do a job at this level. Good signing

Archived