Berwick Rangers 2015/16

I can't help but feel we're gonna have the biggest 'rainy day' fund in Scotland by 2020.

After 5 more seasons of lower-table mediocrity and applying for every vacant post in Scotland, Cameron will splurge it all on a massive cocaine-, champagne- and hooker-fuelled frenzy with his boiz Dan Bilzerian and Lee Currie.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Miller confirming he's left on Instagram

Had some decent displays at the fag end of 13/14 season but never really got a chance this season. Don't really know why Cameron bothered retaining him last year.

Good luck to him.

Ben Miller confirming he's left on Instagram

Shame but squad needs a massive clearout. Frankly, the fewer of this season's squad in next season's, the better. Hopefully that will include a Starks Park-bound manager, though I'll not be holding my breath on that.

Has Jason Dair been confirmed as Asst Manager?

So looking at the stats from this season:

The team that won the least home games this season was Berwick...... Remember when shielfield was a fortress?

Also had games finished at half time Berwick would have finished 2nd.

However f we only played the 2nd half of games we would've finished bottom.

We had the most attempts on goal this season , nearly 70 more attempts than the second highest.

The most attempts on target too.

We also had the least attempts on our goal this season yet conceded a barrow load (new goalie is obviously needed as everyone is aware)

Dominated the possession table with the highest average possession.

So what went wrong ?

Shielfield needs to become a fortress again. Second half performances need to drastically improve.

We are getting enough shots on goal but still not enough goals to show for them (mental considering we are one of the leagues highest goal scoring teams!)

Lowest amount of attempts on our goal in the league yet have conceded the 4th most goals in the league, far too many! Goalkeeper or defence at fault? I'd say both. More so the goalie. As we've never had a proper number 1 in how long and it's changed plenty this season.

Good post. However,when you actually watched them, around half of those shots on target were from around thirty yards away,or straight at the goalkeeper. We need a striker, a decent hold up man, a poacher not pot shot midfielders. Ruthless defenders who know when a ball goes into row z,along with the player if it has to be like that. There was a pattern of conceding before half-time or us switching off after scoring. Something a blind man would endeavour to stop.

This post was asking about going forward not looking back. We start again in July so Messrs Cameron and Dair need to get out and find some talent between now and then.

Cameron has announced that Maxwell, Gold, Miller and Gray will not be offered a new contract. In addition, Kerr Young who I thought had only recently signed for another year, is on the transfer list.

I guess this announcement means that he will be offering -or still considering offering - contracts to Bauld, Currie, Andrews, Jacobs, Lavery, Tulloch, Willis and Russell.

If so, that's hardly the mass clear out we all wanted.

Personally, I don't see why Russell is retained especially when Gold isn't. And Tulloch, Currie and Lavery are all surely part of the problem.

As for Kerr Young, something flipped with him near the end of the season. Suddenly became disinterested and prone to a good sulk. Assumption is that he fell out with the boss.

Seems clear now that Cameron is focusing on personalities and needs people who won't shake their heads behind an increasingly autocratic gaffer. That's the prerogative of any boss I suppose.

Was told last night that Coldstream are moving their training over to Gala, so the boys from Berwick that play for them are going to Tweedmouth.

Shows not many would be willing to go to Haddington either.

Was told last night that Coldstream are moving their training over to Gala, so the boys from Berwick that play for them are going to Tweedmouth.

Shows not many would be willing to go to Haddington either.

that's not particularly true

Well Clyde are going about their business, and great business at that, very early and it's looking like good moves for them. Nothing on our part....

That is another thing that has been disappointing about Cameron the players he has brought in and also the lack of signings. For someone who you would think has a lot of contacts in the game some of the signings have been chronic.

Lavery and Curriie have performed in the past so maybe it's the manager that's the problem?

With regards to a statement from the top, are you not a man in the know as to what the board are thinking?

The problem with offering the old squad contracts is if Lee Currie was on £350 everyone will think they're worth £350.[/quote

Not willing to believe the club would spend that kind of money on one player?! What was the figures for the playing budget and management in the Accounts at the AGM?

Lavery and Curriie have performed in the past so maybe it's the manager that's the problem?

With regards to a statement from the top, are you not a man in the know as to what the board are thinking?

The manager doesn't make Currie fat and lazy.

And if I was I wouldn't be complaining on here about the lack of one.

Archived