Berwick Rangers 2015/16

To be fair, I'm fed up with it all now !!

Colin asked the fans in his end of season statement to remain loyal (to what incentive, No news, No signings No hope)

Brian stated the fans were the most important part of the club (yet we are being treated like mushrooms)

What have we got to look forward to next season ? A play off that decides if we are the first team to drop out of the SPFL !!! No Thanks

The club, the board, the trust, the supporters club have really inspired me to vote with my feet. well done guys !!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin asked the fans in his end of season statement to remain loyal (to what incentive, No news, No signings No hope)

Brian stated the fans were the most important part of the club (yet we are being treated like mushrooms)

What have we got to look forward to next season ? A play off that decides if we are the first team to drop out of the SPFL !!! No Thanks

The club, the board, the trust, the supporters club have really inspired me to vote with my feet. well done guys !!

Actually spot on. Not looked in detail but off the top of my head, Clyde have a squad of 17, Stirling 16 and East Fife at least 12. All of them have made decent signings for this league.

In comparison we've renewed 2 dodgy players contracts so far on top of 4 already signed, one for sale and the manager. Not even any rumours floating around.

Worried.

A statement of reflection/intent was demanded twice through the supporters club in two meetings in April. Concerns were raised by a number of people on the committee, especially about Cameron and were fed to the board. The statement was to come from the chairman, and straight after the season. For whatever reason, it has been forgotten about or ignored by him. Whether that's deliberate or not, it's not acceptable IMO. I, and another committee member forwarded our annoyance at the lack of a statement last week and the chairman is now apparently on holiday.

As for other concerns from fans, I'd like to think we give a good overview to the club of the general feeling of the fan base, but there's also the option to forward questions and concerns through the SC Facebook page. Nobody has taken up the offer yet.

I totally agree with your post btw, but just wanting to explain what has been done, or asked for, from a supporters club point of view.

A statement of reflection/intent was demanded twice through the supporters club in two meetings in April. Concerns were raised by a number of people on the committee, especially about Cameron and were fed to the board. The statement was to come from the chairman, and straight after the season. For whatever reason, it has been forgotten about or ignored by him. Whether that's deliberate or not, it's not acceptable IMO. I, and another committee member forwarded our annoyance at the lack of a statement last week and the chairman is now apparently on holiday.

As for other concerns from fans, I'd like to think we give a good overview to the club of the general feeling of the fan base, but there's also the option to forward questions and concerns through the SC Facebook page. Nobody has taken up the offer yet.

I totally agree with your post btw, but just wanting to explain what has been done, or asked for, from a supporters club point of view.

good to hear this, but that just shows how mutch this BOD actually thinks of its fans ! not alot !!

they will most prob rely on some good signings to please us, maybe some more talk of the club building a new stadium to keep us quiet for a while or even a announcement that some of the blazer brigade are going to don mankinis nxt season as a sideline to the gash entertainment that is looking like whot we are going to be getting !

oh & i have noticed a once prolific poster has went to ground ! no footy to comment on, he now gets all the info he needs thru the vice chair (allegedly) ! there was a time he would have went nuts about this & would be calling for heads to roll !

well its obvious the fans DONT matter to our bod,

Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm not on Facebook so unable to use this avenue.

I will say its good the SC are just as much fed up with this as we are, and voicing so.

Personally the only news is through club website and SC website and occasionally when the computer feels benovelent 'tiser site

i am struggling with the concept that the Chairman / Board are totally ignorant of the feeling of the supporters. CC said remain loyal but with a grand total of 6 signed players, No Goalkeepers, and our "stars" mulling the prospect of agreeing to pull on a Berwick Shirt if they feel its in their best interests.

And whilst we have actually in he best finanical postion we have been for years the playing front has been the worst its been for years it seems the fact remains we are the one having to suffer this.

Oh the joys of the black n gold army

All could change on the playing front with 4 or 5 really good signings.

And he'll have to sign someone soon - we haven't even got half a team.

The last 3 months though has been a disaster for the club's relationship with it's fans. Ashleyesque.

All could change on the playing front with 4 or 5 really good signings.

And he'll have to sign someone soon - we haven't even got half a team.

The last 3 months though has been a disaster for the club's relationship with it's fans. Ashleyesque.

The problem is alot of the available and good players are being snapped up so as has been said before we will feeding off the scraps. The whole thing has become a bit of a joke and whether it be ignorance or arrogance from the board with lack of communication it is not acceptable.

Going with what is being said on here just about every fan would want Cameron out the door, it would be interesting to see a poll of Berwick supporters on the matter.

To be fair I think both Cameron and Porteous are as bad as each other in their roles. Fans Being ignored completely by the chairman when asking for a statement weeks ago, and if it is true he made the decision without consulting the rest of the board to renew CC's contract. Maybe some blame does lie with BP, needs to give himself a shake, and CC need to get his finger out of his arse and sign players, and BP interact with the fans and the town and give us something to be excited about, or crowds will be dwindling next season.

"Fans are the most important to this club'' ok Brian well give yourself a shake and please us!!

this has all the hallmarks of last yrs pre-season, if this is a fans club i would rather not have it

Giving yourself away there a bit - next you'll be giving it all the old "Don't trust the trust" bollocks.

As for my silence, I've already stated that after welcoming Cameron's appointment, along with 90% of the Berwick support, he's proven to be a huge disappointment and should have walked at the end of the season. The decision to extend his contract has been a big error of judgement, and as I stated previously, maybe it's now time to look at appointing a new chairman. Still, you'll be feeling right at home on a thread full of disgruntled supporters. That was par for the course when you were all blazered up. Just a coincidence that you don't go to games now the freebies have dried up?

Still plenty of time for good signings to be made but the apparent lack of forward planning does'nt inspire confidence. Actually, is there a plan at all. or just a random policy on signing players with a Fife connection?

Yeah, don't really go with this 'all the best players have been signed already" stuff. Must be plenty of good players hanging on for better or even full-time contracts.

Its all well and good having a solid financial base, full credit to the board for doing that for the club. When CC got the job it looked like a real statement of their ambition to get Berwick up the leagues.

With the lack of action regarding manager or squad building now it really raises the question of where do they actually want the club to be.

Scott Maxwell has signed for Spartans, what's he like?

He's OK. Should do a decent job for Spartans.

Had a strange season to be honest. Looked very promising when we signed him (from Shire I think), was pretty awful for a while, got dropped then came back and did quite well at the fag end of the season.

Archived