Berwick Rangers 2015/16

I don't understand why we're allowing ourselves to be in the situation we're in. As Berwick mad has said earlier the only people we'll get are the ones who couldn't get anything else, so they come back to somewhere they don't want to be because its the best of a bad situation.

We'll get the usual "a lot of players haven't made their mind up yet" shite when we're scrambling around the Lowland League and the released list looking for players to fill the gaps. We've just banked the best part of £150k from Hibs on top of a healthy bank balance and already clubs like Clyde have stolen a march on us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll get the usual "a lot of players haven't made their mind up yet" shite when we're scrambling around the Lowland League and the released list looking for players to fill the gaps. We've just banked the best part of £150k from Hibs on top of a healthy bank balance and already clubs like Clyde have stolen a march on us.

The problem is there never seems to be a plan in place to take the team forward. There is no sign of players that have been perhaps targeted putting pen to paper. Other teams have identified players before the end of the season and made their move once the season has finished. That's forward planning! As has been said we'll get the usual load of shit trialists at pre season and the left overs that are still looking for a club or holding out for the most money!

The board are backing the manager on what basis? That is what people want to know. He is done nothing to suggest that he could turn this round and had a similar situation at Cowdenbeath,

We are in a worse position than when Little left. Looking at it he has failed to get the best out of arguably the two best players in the league from the previous season in Currie and Lavery which was a major factor in the poor showing in the season just past.

There is no sign of players that have been perhaps targeted putting pen to paper. Other teams have identified players before the end of the season and made their move once the season has finished. That's forward planning!

Kyle Wilkie is a perfect example of this. Brought him in on loan, he's arguably been our best player since then and no news on him. Should've been secured by now.

Maybe that hasn't happened because he thinks Cameron is a w****r and a shit manager.

Fraser McLaren will be knocking at the door. He'll 'do a job' no doubt.

:lol: I'd hope we'd have moved on from that stage by now, but given we're rewarding players who've been part of the problem for five years with new deals I wouldn't put it past em.

However, he is from Dunbar, and allegedly a team that are located within a 30 mile radius would win us the SPL, so you never know.

They were dreading Edinburgh City coming up, but in my opinion it would have given the club the biggest kick up the arse it needed. We're like the last resort of the Edinburgh football scene. The easy life (Ah Berwick will give you £100 a week), but still in the leagues.

I see Russell has signed a new deal. How has he been? He looked like a headless chicken with us. Baffling that he started games for us ahead of Greg Stewart for a little while!

I see Russell has signed a new deal. How has he been? He looked like a headless chicken with us. Baffling that he started games for us ahead of Greg Stewart for a little while!

In fairness to him, he's came on an absolute ton from when he first arrived at which point he was lightweight and a bit of a non entity. The problem is that he's still very far from the finished product however. He's definitely more physically capable but I'm yet to be convinced he's any more than your typical 'workhorse'. Not really a player that will show flashes of brilliance or intelligence on the ball or off it, but will usually give you a solid 90 minutes of chasing down keepers.

Sadly as Football Manager Andy Russell used to bang em in when he was a Livi youth player I had high hopes of us having signed an out and out goalscorer destined for bigger things, but in reality he seems to be Colin's lovechild and I'd say he's lucky to even have a deal to sign at League level. He's been undroppable for some reason, which is baffling given his worst attribute of all is his finishing. He's probably netted 10 in 35 which doesn't sound that bad, but he snatches at chance after chance. There's a lad on the forums that has done a chance to goal ratio of all clubs in Scotland and I think we're the worst - he's a big part of that in my opinion. Still only 22 but needs to work on it if he's to do anything major.

On the new kits, I'm a fan. Glad we've moved away from that shitey Ajax style you stupid arseholes voted for, and I like the away kit as it's basically the 2007 title winning kit.

In fairness to him, he's came on an absolute ton from when he first arrived at which point he was lightweight and a bit of a non entity. The problem is that he's still very far from the finished product however. He's definitely more physically capable but I'm yet to be convinced he's any more than your typical 'workhorse'. Not really a player that will show flashes of brilliance or intelligence on the ball or off it, but will usually give you a solid 90 minutes of chasing down keepers.

Sadly as Football Manager Andy Russell used to bang em in when he was a Livi youth player I had high hopes of us having signed an out and out goalscorer destined for bigger things, but in reality he seems to be Colin's lovechild and I'd say he's lucky to even have a deal to sign at League level. He's been undroppable for some reason, which is baffling given his worst attribute of all is his finishing. He's probably netted 10 in 35 which doesn't sound that bad, but he snatches at chance after chance. There's a lad on the forums that has done a chance to goal ratio of all clubs in Scotland and I think we're the worst - he's a big part of that in my opinion. Still only 22 but needs to work on it if he's to do anything major.

I was surprised to see Colin sign him considering how poorly he had done with us. He's like Kenny Miller with even less composure.

Don't suppose you have a link to that goal ratio of all the clubs? I imagine Cowden were pretty close to Berwick :lol:

The re-signings of Russell and Bauld are fine - but they're certainly not names to send an increasingly disgruntled fanbase into any form of positivity.

From what I can remember, Russell barely played at the start of the season but a decent few games around the Albion cup replay in December seemed to ensure his place in and around the starting XI for the rest of the season. Hope that's not the case come July/August, as he's at best a third choice striker, but I'm not too confident.

People seem to rate our defence, even though we leaked a ridiculous amount of goals last season, and with the bulk of the re-signings made and contracts offered in that area, the gaffer obviously thinks so too. It's easy to blame goalkeepers, but the lack of a first choice/two bang average keepers was clearly a major factor in our struggles last season.

If our first proper signing isn't a keeper, I'd be amazed. But I think when, WHEN, we do, we'll all start to look at things a bit more positively ☺️. Some movement soon would be nice though!

Archived