Berwick Rangers 2015/16

East Fife has written personal letters to their players that have moved on thanking them for their efforts and their work.

Can't see Cameron would've done that to our lot, he / Porteous can't even write or even speak out to the fans saying thanks and sorry for having to suffer a piss poor season, or to outline plans for the close season and next season. Especially having been asked to!

Speak up CC + BP!!

To be fair CC has spoken about it being a whank season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair CC has spoken about it being a whank season.

For me what he said there was complete pish. Also, since that statement he's decided to keep most of the squad so it would be nice to know why. I'd also like to know why Gold wasn't offered anything.

After snooping on Twitter, I came across and noticed that we have a new physio for next season, she was previously at Stirling Albion. Jenna Orr.

Also seen that two players, youngsters have signed for us, Calum Helm and Scott Russell, for the development squad I'd imagine.

It's amazing what you find out when you look for yourself.

Still no word from anyone however...

I'm not sure it's reasonable to see every development squad signing announced instantly, same with the physio tbh. They'll probably announce a whole load of signings for that squad at once closer to the season. If we had full time staff maybe.

Any chance of the tiniest glimmer of positive news from the club? Most depressing end to a season in donkeys years, yet with plenty of dosh in the bank, the misery goes on.

Never been more disappointed with the club than right now.

^^^^^^^^^^

True, having to dig for any news even this developmet squad, Trust quiet, Board quiet, Club themselves super quiet.

Oh I am looking forward to next season. NOT

I'll be expressing my displeasure with cancelling trust subsciption, (they dont seem bother so why should I)

Don't expect to see me at Shielfield next season I have better things to spend my money on.

The club is in a strong position off the pitch but a mess on it! The board are quite happy to move along in the black and accept mediocrity. They have shown this by apparently sticking by the manager. Is that also because the compensation to pay him off? Is no news because the manager is waiting to see if he has got the Raith job? No matter what he should be out the door as shown nothing to suggest he's the right man for the job. Creae and Little were sacked for less.

The club is in a strong position off the pitch but a mess on it! The board are quite happy to move along in the black and accept mediocrity. They have shown this by apparently sticking by the manager. Is that also because the compensation to pay him off? Is no news because the manager is waiting to see if he has got the Raith job? No matter what he should be out the door as shown nothing to suggest he's the right man for the job. Creae and Little were sacked for less.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Board are complacent now cause of the good state they've put the finances in and seem to think they can do no wrong.

Manager wise this is similar to the Lambert situation at Villa earlier this season. Almost every fan was against him, the football was honking and half the team didn't like him yet he stayed in the job for far too long, any longer and Villa would likely have been down. Look at the transformation when Sherwood came in. He came across with ambition and confidence and the difference on and off the pitch was nothing short of spectacular.

Them being in the black financial wise is all well and good. However the accounts don't win football matches or league titles. Take Albion for example. Spent on the squad and won the league . Kick CC into touch bring in an ambitious man and stroll the league ..easy.In theory

Good news: we have a news update

Bad news: the content of the news update.

Another friendly against Dunfermline... Shock. Fair enough North Shields!

A new physio, which I reported days ago but fair play, it's a signing!

And as for contracts, Bauld and Russell aren't exactly players that make you go "ooooh" when you see they've signed a new contract. And as for the bit that says "with several others offered new deals for the 2015/2016 season" that bit scares me.

Still it's some form of communication.

The superstars will hang on into preseason to see if they get any other offers, then they'll either sign or we'll have to go around trying to pick up the left overs on the eve of the season. Dargo style signings.

Don't mind Bauld getting another year, really struggle to accept Russell getting another chance, but what really worries me is the "several others" considering new offers. Deja vu.

I don't understand why we're allowing ourselves to be in the situation we're in. As Berwick mad has said earlier the only people we'll get are the ones who couldn't get anything else, so they come back to somewhere they don't want to be because its the best of a bad situation.

Archived