Berwick Rangers 2015/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be hugely surprised if Notman left. I'm sure he's had chances to go to plenty of sides better than us, he's not gonna pick a side who manage to be worse than us despite having our worst opening 6 months of a season in years. If you sign Lee Currie though, scenes. The only thing that could possibly make Stirling Albion more dislikeable. I doubt you'll get him either though as he believe he belongs in the SPL and he'd be shit scared of the Ducket

Good work by the club getting Wilson, McKenna and Lavery signed up on 2 year deals. After a generally underwhelming season, I'd happily have waved goodbye to Lavery, but if he can regain his focus he's worth 15 goals a season. Wilson has improved hugely under Coughlin's tutelage. We need to get Henderson, Fairbairn, Notman and Alan Walker signed up, and that would give us a solid core of a competitive team next season.

I understand Notman has been offered a two-year deal and a guaranteed testimonial year, but East Fife are also trying to sign him. Henderson has at least 5 offers on the table. The club should be pushing the boat out to sign him. He's now up there with the best strikers in the league and at 21 can only get better. A firing Henderson and Lavery would give us, potentially, the best strike force in the league. Alan Walker has really impressed in the last couple of games. While I'm sure that not coincidental when contracts are up for grabs, he can has the ability to influence games but needs to lose some bulk.

Jordan McGregor was training with Hamilton last week and Chesterfield are also sniffing around, so I doubt whether we'll see him or Callum Crane again, but hopefully Coff can pull off another couple of inspired loan deals. Not sure how certain it is that Euan McNeil will be moving to a west-based club.

Interesting Coffs saying that money's tight at the club and that he's gonna have to go with a young team. Could work but hopefully that doesn't mean missing out on the quality that will finally get the dream team outta this division.

Interesting Coffs saying that money's tight at the club and that he's gonna have to go with a young team. Could work but hopefully that doesn't mean missing out on the quality that will finally get the dream team outta this division.

Agree. First time for a while we've heard the "money is tight" mantra. I've no idea how our playing budget compares with others in the league, but it looks as though the plan is to build a young team around the core of players retianed from this season. I'm happy with that on condition we get the rest of our best players signed up, with Henderson a priority. Suspect we'll have a couple of loan signings again next season too,though we'll be lucky if they're the same calibre as Crane and McGregor.Agree with Coogs though, we need players who will make the difference between yet another mid-table finish and a genuinely competitive season at the top end.

Perhaps the director that was willing to subsidise the signing of Ian Black can get his cheque book out to aid a realistic signing.

Surely we can match other offers by the time factors such as travelling and expenses have been considered.

Pre-season (says 'Berwickshire News'):

Saturday 2nd July - Consett AFC v Berwick Rangers (2pm)

Sunday 3rd July - Ryton & Crawcrook Albion v Berwick Rangers (2pm)

Saturday 9th July - Berwick Rangers v TBA

Saturday 16th July - SPFL League Cup sections begin

Well a disappointing end to, in truth, another disappointing season.

But we're finishing this disappointing season in high spirits and a real optimism for next year imo.

Big up the Coff for the transformation he's given us, because to be honest a few months ago when we were bottom, if someone offered us finishing sixth we'd have bit their hand off for it.

Hope to get another few signed up and have a proper decent core for next season. Henderson especially. Fantastic change in form for him these past few months, taking on board the criticism when he was out of form and knuckled down. And to the goalkeepers and defence too for keeping the goals out and going on the fantastic run of clean sheets we have.

Feeling confident for next season and let's keep the black and gold ribbons on the trophy, but not for Annan!

Poor conclusion from where we were (or felt we hoped to be going) in August.

Good conclusion from where we were in December.

Ultimately, season goes down as very forgettable - brief relegation fears aside - but it amounts to a ninth successive season in tier 4, with six bottom-half finishes and just one playoff visit in the eight preceding it, which isn't what anyone wants.

Instantly forgettable in cup terms, unlike last season, exiting all 3 before the clocks changed.

Report card reads - "must do better next time".

I'm not surprised to read that Berwick fans are delighted with this news. He was a standout both times I saw him playing this season. Just goes to show clubs at this level that there is talent within the Junior leagues, it's just a case of going out and finding it.

Archived