Berwick Rangers 2015/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 1 defeat in 5 and 8 points out of a possible 15 suggests he's getting something right. It's March and we're in a relegation battle, not July where we should be worrying about stylish football for the season ahead.

This only eclipses what another disastrous season this has been. We've gone from being a mediocre middle of the table side to one scrapping to stay in the division.

All this against a back drop of a current chairman who says his tenure has seen success and another one waiting in the wings who got there by highly questionable means.

All this seems quite acceptable to some people.

So, went to the Berwick game yesterday. I'm not a Berwick fan, nor do I profess to be, however my friend is and was keen to take in a match.

Good game, Berwick deserved the win.

However I spent a large part of the game distracted by the apparent director sat next to me. His wife complained start to finish yesterday about shouting and chanting, then changed her focus to the temperature of the air outside. The director then went on to tell his pal walking past that he'd been 'kicked outside' for this game. While discussing that he'd never sat outside during a Berwick game.

Presumably she was airing her discontent at having to spend her afternoon sat outside with us common folk.

The 'director' then started discussing the contrast between his hospitality experiences at Newcastle each weekend to having to spend a game outside watching Berwick.

The highlight of all of this was when he came back to his seat after half-time... where he forced his way back into his seat next to me and nearly jammed my hand between the two seats. He didn't seem concerned though as it almost seemed a deliberate sign of discontent that we wouldn't move to allow his pals to sit next to him despite us being sat outside in the same seats since 10 past 2.

Not sure what to think about the whole experience but surely the contempt towards paying customers is not the kind of attitude that a seemingly important figure at a football club should have.

past 2.

The director then went on to tell his pal walking past that he'd been 'kicked outside' for this game. While discussing that he'd never sat outside during a Berwick game.

The 'director' then started discussing the contrast between his hospitality experiences at Newcastle each weekend to having to spend a game outside watching Berwick. .

Should've told him to bugger off back inside and eat his prawn sandwiches in the warmth and away from us peasants.

So, went to the Berwick game yesterday. I'm not a Berwick fan, nor do I profess to be, however my friend is and was keen to take in a match.

Good game, Berwick deserved the win.

However I spent a large part of the game distracted by the apparent director sat next to me. His wife complained start to finish yesterday about shouting and chanting, then changed her focus to the temperature of the air outside. The director then went on to tell his pal walking past that he'd been 'kicked outside' for this game. While discussing that he'd never sat outside during a Berwick game.

Presumably she was airing her discontent at having to spend her afternoon sat outside with us common folk.

The 'director' then started discussing the contrast between his hospitality experiences at Newcastle each weekend to having to spend a game outside watching Berwick.

The highlight of all of this was when he came back to his seat after half-time... where he forced his way back into his seat next to me and nearly jammed my hand between the two seats. He didn't seem concerned though as it almost seemed a deliberate sign of discontent that we wouldn't move to allow his pals to sit next to him despite us being sat outside in the same seats since 10 past 2.

Not sure what to think about the whole experience but surely the contempt towards paying customers is not the kind of attitude that a seemingly important figure at a football club should have.

past 2.

They were all put outside to make way for ladies day who were putting a lot of money into the club, maybe if he put his hand in his pocket we too could have facilities like newcastle

What did he look like?

Difficult to describe. Short, grey hair, probably in his late 50s. His wife had brown curly hair.

Pretty poor description, sorry! I have probably described half of your chairmen!

Archived