Berwick Rangers 2015/16

I can quite honestly say in all my years I have never been so despondent

With the off the park boardroom dealings

The on park dross

On the website I have tried to buy odd bits with out of stock and we need a big order. I can't even spend my money here.

I have no desire to travel miles to watch the team. I cancelled my trust membership as my protest.

Thanks for the memories guys but your going to need a major revamp to re kindle my interest

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I'm aware, and I'm happy to stand corrected, the constitution of the club says that the chairman is decided by a vote of the current directors. I don't think the shareholding comes into it?

Yep, Chairman is elected by whoever is on the Board. Trust and SC shareholding only really comes into if it there was a poll vote where a decision is based on the number of shares actually held rather than the number of bodies in a room at the likes of an AGM.

That said though there probably needs to be more encouragement to get new faces on the Football club board as it seems almost to be taken as a given that the same Directors are re-elected each time.

However people need to come forward and propose themselves for election though.

As I had no idea who the new chairman is asked people to point him out to me today. No sign of him. Now hearing that he decided to go to the Newcastle game.

What was quote in the paper "come along and support us". Funny.

Cracking first impression of the guy. f**k off.

As I had no idea who the new chairman is asked people to point him out to me today. No sign of him. Now hearing that he decided to go to the Newcastle game.

Strange for him to go to the toon game as he's a die hard mackem.

If it's true that he chose to go to the Newcastle game it is a real snub to the club, a disgraceful demonstration of intent and a clear sign of his lack of commitment to the club even before he has taken over as chairman. What message does he think this will send out to the fans? Is he for real?

I really think the board should think again and replace him with John Bell.

Just thinking more into the boardroom situation.

Ignoring last year due to cup money here, but the previous two seasons the club made a combined profit of £26,000.

Mr Eyre said the supporters club & trust gave the club £40,000 last year.

So without the money of the SC & ST, the club would've made a loss of over £50,000 in 2013 and 2014.

Maybe its time for the supporters to start withholding this money until the board start listening to them. Money talks.

I heard that he wasn't the only director who was at Newcastle - Where was the Supporters Club Chairman?

Just thinking more into the boardroom situation.

Ignoring last year due to cup money here, but the previous two seasons the club made a combined profit of £26,000.

Mr Eyre said the supporters club & trust gave the club £40,000 last year.

So without the money of the SC & ST, the club would've made a loss of over £50,000 in 2013 and 2014.

Maybe its time for the supporters to start withholding this money until the board start listening to them. Money talks.

Exactly what I have done, also voting with my feet

The share issue is clearly divisive, but I'm clear about my own position on it and from now on will no longer be buying 50/50 tickets on match days or paying for entry to the car park. I think this is a major error of judgement by the Supporters Club. The money going to Brian Porteous should have remained in the football club, end of.

Speaking of gross errors of judgement, the decision by the chairman-elect to accompany fellow directors Parkin and Montgomery to St. James's Park on Saturday falls into the same category. He will be aware of the polarising effect of the coup that he and his cronies staged; he will have been aware that the team, in a perilous position and with its league future very much at risk, was facing its most important match of the seaon to date, yet he still chose to take in hospitality at the Newcastle match. That's either breathtaking arrognace or ignorance, or both; and it does'nt bode well for the club under his leadership.

Both Leonard and Brian Porteous have trotted out the usual platitudes about the supporters being the most important element of the club. It worries me that some people, on the Supporters club in particular, are buying into this bullshit. Their actions in stitching up John Bell, in waving through the share purchase, in parading Graham Bell around as the new VC when he has'nt even been appointed speak of an arrogance and disregard for Berwick Rangers supporters that tell me loud and clear that they are not fit to be running our club. Our club.

The club is more divided now than it's been since the dark days of 2008. We can all sit and say, come on let's work together to sort this out, but I think that's airy-fairy stuff. Someone mentioned agendas in an earlier post. This lot have a clear agenda. It's working for them and it is creating real divisions. You either let them get away with it, which is what the peacemakers are suggesting, or you challenge them to try and bring about genuine change with a far-sighted view of the future for Berwick Rangers FC. I don't think they're capable of that, but I firmly believe that there are other people who are.

I'd like to be a fly on the all at tonight's board meeting.

What I find strange is the claim that club are reliant on money from SC and Trust (I would argue the Trust was not set up for the purpose of "funding" another season languishing in this league but that is another argument for another day). The SC and Trust have significant shareholdings yet seem to have absolutely no say in how the club is run. How can that be?

Maybe it means SC withholding money and fans voting with their feet but the very fact SC decided to purchase shares in first place stinks whilst the current status quo remains. Why on earth would we want more of the same shite?

Even if we do scrape survival this year - what motivation is there for people to return next season?

Even if we do scrape survival this year - what motivation is there for people to return next season?

You mean apart from the imaginary 3G pitch at Old Shielfield?

None. We've tickled the playoffs once in 9 years. The current team, built by a man whose failings were obvious but who they threw another contract at anyway, is now on the cusp of a relegation playoff, from which there will be little prospect of a return if we lose it. None.

As far as I'm aware, and I'm happy to stand corrected, the constitution of the club says that the chairman is decided by a vote of the current directors. I don't think the shareholding comes into it?

Unless the board have put together a constitution which is as tight as a drum then I would think that the Trust/SC as majority shareholders could call an EGM with a view to changing that type of control .

None. Same old in the boardroom, same old Central belt well being dredged for more dross. £12 + parking = no Toto and I imagine a lot of people are saying the same. Sad times

You only need 5% of the shareholding to call an EGM. The trust is the only option due to the inbreeding in the supporters club.

Yes Trust could call an EGM but wouldn't this be a waste of time as Supporters Club would be likely to vote against any motion of No Confidence in the Board

Archived