The Champions' Highlights Reel

A thread for commemorating the many glorious victories and the unprecedented scenes generated by The Famous in our milestone tenth league title win. Most league wins; most league goals; top league goalscorer; best away record by a country mile. Most fitting IMO given the side's fairly limited ability but unmatched bottle is the stunning 26 points recovered from losing situations this campaign. What a team.

Once a day every day (at least until the mods let us move upstairs to laugh at St Mirren) this thread will run through one of the many notable victories that led the big team to a frankly inevitable title success.

Scene(s) 1: After an unconvincing start to the season The Famous roll over a hapless Stranraer outfit, the opponents not helped by their dumpling goalkeeper getting himself sent off. Recent loan signing Dece McManus already establishes himself as the star of the show. Enjoy.

post-11540-0-57635900-1430696002_thumb.j

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst side to gain promotion from this league since us under Dick Campbell in 2006?

It does seem fairly extraordinary that a team that conceded the first goal in 19 games should go onto win the league.

I wouldn't be giving a toss if I was a Morton fan. You had to get out of that league as quickly as possible and you done it at the first time of asking. Next seasons Championship is shaping up to be more interesting than this season.

I wouldn't be giving a toss if I was a Morton fan. You had to get out of that league as quickly as possible and you done it at the first time of asking. Next seasons Championship is shaping up to be more interesting than this season.

The last bit of your post is why we give a toss. Having St Mirren, possibly Rangers and Motherwell/Hibs at Cappielow next season will be financially good for us.

Yes, I meant that if I was a Morton fan I wouldn't be giving a toss how the league was won or how many games you lost over the season. You got the job done in the end and that's all that matters.

Yes, I meant that if I was a Morton fan I wouldn't be giving a toss how the league was won or how many games you lost over the season. You got the job done in the end and that's all that matters.

Ahh apologies, didn't read the post before yours!

That goes without saying really. In the same way no thistle fans would have cared that they were promoted ahead of a Morton team that had been much better than them over the season. The Championship this year was a bigger carrot than ever, especially since it became clear that St Mirren were headed down. Undoubtedly that contributed to frustrations with the team throughout the season.

A thread for commemorating the many glorious victories and the unprecedented scenes generated by The Famous in our milestone tenth league title win. Most league wins; most league goals; top league goalscorer; best away record by a country mile. Most fitting IMO given the side's fairly limited ability but unmatched bottle is the stunning 26 points recovered from losing situations this campaign. What a team.

Once a day every day (at least until the mods let us move upstairs to laugh at St Mirren) this thread will run through one of the many notable victories that led the big team to a frankly inevitable title success.

Scene(s) 1: After an unconvincing start to the season The Famous roll over a hapless Stranraer outfit, the opponents not helped by their dumpling goalkeeper getting himself sent off. Recent loan signing Dece McManus already establishes himself as the star of the show. Enjoy.

attachicon.gifclarkson smug face.jpg

Congratulations for the 2 points from a possible 12 taken from plucky wee Brechin City . Quite an achievement.

Enjoy failing in the play-offs again, champ.

For a team like Brechin to get to the play offs with massive teams like Morton and Dunfermline in the league, is quite an achievement in itself.

We must thank Jim Duffy for his assistance in this . Those 8 points made all the difference . Cheers Jim. :thumsup2

Archived