Fife Cup

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Iv said this before and I still think it’s a good idea. The Fife cup as it stands is an almost complete waste of time. 

Why not have a Fife Cup week, the week before the league cup groups in the summer? 2 groups of 3 (could be seeded if clubs wanted that) so 2 group games. Then first from each group play each other for a winner, 2nd play each other and 3rd play each other. This gives everyone 3 games in pre season that are local derbies so chance of a crowd at say fiver a head.

On 3/22/2019 at 19:56, big al said:

Iv said this before and I still think it’s a good idea. The Fife cup as it stands is an almost complete waste of time. 

Why not have a Fife Cup week, the week before the league cup groups in the summer? 2 groups of 3 (could be seeded if clubs wanted that) so 2 group games. Then first from each group play each other for a winner, 2nd play each other and 3rd play each other. This gives everyone 3 games in pre season that are local derbies so chance of a crowd at say fiver a head.

My only worry at that would be making competitive Fife derbies less of an occasion? Seemed to happen with the Renfrewshire Derby. 

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

My only worry at that would be making competitive Fife derbies less of an occasion? Seemed to happen with the Renfrewshire Derby. 

True, but there’s only Raith and east Fife in the same division at the moment.

Could even seed the draw to keep them apart.

27 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Crowd?

Held-over?

The procedure is that clubs are encouraged via the Fife FA Secretary to arrange the match and the respective clubs Fife FA reps are the conduits for this.  The desire is to finish the competition each season.  If a club has persistent difficulty in fitting in a fixture they should consider scratching if necessary to allow the competition to proceed.  There is still a fair amount of time left to fit in games.  Hold over is possible but in recent years the aim has been to complete by end of season.  

Attendance 155 for this game (214 Kelty Hearts v Raith Rovers, 111 Cowdenbeath v Burntisland Shipyard are this season's attendances)

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

16 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Neither team at full strength but a really entertaining game. Most of the young kids did well , Sheerin and Allan combined well and created plenty chances. Great finish by Court for second goal Missed the penalty incident, what was penalty for?

It was a decent game 2 16 year olds and a 15 year old in the Cowden starting line up from the Fife Elite , as well as the signed Sneddon, and quite a few young boys in the EF side as well. We should really have won it though given the amount of chances we had.

As you say good 2nd goal from Court Fraser's goal for us was also a good one. Just caught the penalty incident in the corner of my eye Pyper and Court clashed on the edge of the box looked a bit soft tbh.

Edited by cowdenbeath