Queen of the South VS Sevco: 2015 Playoff QF

Qots will sit in and hit us on the break, we've fell for it so many times. This time we need to show some patience, sit in and pick them off.

We smashed the Rangers convincingly 3-0 the other month, and none of the goals came on the break.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think a narrrow 1-0 or 2-1 win at palmy but away from home i think it could be backs to the wall stuff depending. Nothing to fear though all the pressure is on them and if we can get through it will be the same against hibs. Heres hoping we can get through.

Obviously, I'd be delighted with a win of any description at Palmerston, but I'd be very anxious about going to Ibrox for a backs-to-the-wall performance.

Our defence and goalkeeper are strong, but if we get hemmed in, we'll not hold out indefinitely.

I agree with the observers who point out that Rangers aren't great at all, but I can see force of will getting them through these games and maybe taking them all the way.

I'm delighted we're getting this chance and I wanted it to be Rangers up first, rather than Hibs.

I see us as firm outsiders in the tie though.

Good luck Queens. I'd expect the first leg to be a fairly cagey affair and wouldn't be surprised to see sevco settling for a draw to take back to Ibrox. Whether or not they are good enough is open to debate.

A convincing home win at Pammy would be tremendous.

Guest Flash

I think we need a lead to take to Ibrox. I'd be pretty confident if we went there with a 2 goal lead.

We had a 2 goal lead with 37 minutes to play in the second leg last season and lost.

We had a 2 goal lead with 37 minutes to play in the second leg last season and lost.

We did. I can't see us doing the same in that position this year though

Some fair points. We came out the wrong side in a fantastic game at Falkirk. Our younger players are a year more experienced and they will have to be as Ibrox will be hostile. I suspect we will need a lead to go to Ibrox but Rangers are under massive pressure so who knows what lies ahead. Really looking forward to these games.

True, although the loss of Dowie for the game during the build up to the second Falkirk goal, especially combined with the fact we were already without Mitchell due to suspension played a big part in that. For good measure we were also without McKenna, Burns, Paton and Reilly, none of which helped. We were stretched.

We're still likely without Burns for the two games against Rangers but otherwise have a stronger squad available, subject to first leg injury of course.

Would I be right in saying that these games will come down to away goals if it ends in a draw?

That depends on who scores the most away goals.

Guest Flash

True, although the loss of Dowie for the game during the build up to the second Falkirk goal, especially combined with the fact we were already without Mitchell due to suspension played a big part in that. For good measure we were also without McKenna, Burns, Paton and Reilly, none of which helped. We were stretched.

We're still likely without Burns for the two games against Rangers but otherwise have a stronger squad available, subject to first leg injury of course.

Of the 19 outfield players who started the season Mitchell, Burns, Kerr, Baird, Dzierzawski and Slattery are unavailable. Fowler hasn't played since October. Millar has been added.

So there are 13 senior outfield players available for selection, supplemented by U 20s.

It could be argued that we are stretched again. If we are to progess the first choice 11 are going to have to play in every game. There is very little margin for injury or, if we progress, suspensions.

My opinions are interpreted as predictions quite regularly. Why, I'm no so sure. There's a clear difference between the two. :)

.....but if I was to have a guess.... I'd say 1-1 at Queen of the South and 2-1 Rangers at Ibrox.

Agreed. We need to use the tactic so often used against us. My only concern would be my lack of faith in our defence to avoid conceding a goal.

The rangers do not have the pace or quick thinking in their squad to play the counter attack effectively.

Archived