Queen of the South VS Sevco: 2015 Playoff QF

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, Queens fans, what result would you be happy with at Palmerston?

Obviously, we'd all be happy with a 9-0 victory, but realistically, what's the worst you'd settle for?

Clearly, given our two home results against Rangers this season, and their well known aversion to plastic pitches, we should really be looking to win at home.

I would be happy enough with a draw though. A week's rest before a one-off Cup tie at Ibrox for massive stakes would be alright.

There's part of me that would be more anxious about going up there with a 2-0 lead, but then, I'm a bit weird.

How would I go about trying to get a ticket for the Queens end at Ibrox?

Unlikely unless we have been well beaten at home in the first leg. Sale details will be on our OS when finalised. Season ticket holders will get first dibs though and depending on when we get them there may be no purchases other than in person.

If we want to progress mustn't lose home leg. Probably need to win it but a draw certainly doesnt leave us without hope. We are clearly capable of getting a draw up there.

I don't think a one goal defeat would leave us totally devoid of hope either, although it would obviously be a bad result.

I'd say Queens are capable of going to Ibrox and drubbing them. They're still not a very good side at all.

Hopefully not!

Going by previous Rangers performances at Queen of the South... Rangers need to win about 5-0 at Ibrox!

Anyway's, I expect McCall with go for a defensive approach, putting an extra player in midfield or at the back in a 4-5-1 or a 5-4-1 formation. First and foremost the main objective should be not to concede a goal. Try and frustrate them and only push forward on the counter.

If Rangers can go into the return match at Ibrox with at the very worst a one goal deficit, I'd be confident.

Think a narrrow 1-0 or 2-1 win at palmy but away from home i think it could be backs to the wall stuff depending. Nothing to fear though all the pressure is on them and if we can get through it will be the same against hibs. Heres hoping we can get through.

Hopefully not!

Going by previous Rangers performances at Queen of the South... Rangers need to win about 5-0 at Ibrox!

Anyway's, I expect McCall with go for a defensive approach, putting an extra player in midfield or at the back in a 4-5-1 or a 5-4-1 formation. First and foremost the main objective should be not to concede a goal. Try and frustrate them and only push forward on the counter.

If Rangers can go into the return match at Ibrox with at the very worst a one goal deficit, I'd be confident.

Well we can probably expect the opposite to what thepundit is predicting :lol:

Hopefully not!

Qots will sit in and hit us on the break, we've fell for it so many times. This time we need to show some patience, sit in and pick them off.

There wasn't really an outright prediction there, which I thought was quite disappointing.

My opinions are interpreted as predictions quite regularly. Why, I'm no so sure. There's a clear difference between the two. :)

.....but if I was to have a guess.... I'd say 1-1 at Queen of the South and 2-1 Rangers at Ibrox.

Qots will sit in and hit us on the break, we've fell for it so many times. This time we need to show some patience, sit in and pick them off.

Agreed. We need to use the tactic so often used against us. My only concern would be my lack of faith in our defence to avoid conceding a goal.

I can't see QOS change their formation after it worked so well in the last game at Palmerston. Rangers certainly will change. Templeton will not start. Last time McCall played Templeton and Vuckic wide and as a result Law and Murdoch were exposed playing against 3 central QOS midfielders. This was evident after 15 mins but it took McCall 50 odd mins to bring Crawford on to match QOS in midfield. I'm sure he will have learned from that. Apart from Hardie and to a lesser extent Crawford who are verging on a start I think McCall will probably go with the same as played Hearts.

Archived