The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

evidence is playing time being part of a squad is not supportive its making up numbers,whilst we co shared your ground i got to know many of your kids parents they said they could count on one hand how many games he attended, and was not supportive to the coaches, never took any sessions,would be vague if discussing there sons, my friends lad and nephew at differing age levels said the same at livi

at ever under 20s game I was at last season GB and his staff were there. They watched quietly and let Stevie get on with his job. The statement that Bollan doesn't use or give youth a chance is a pretty poor one when you consider that the players that got their chance last season with us done very well and featured more than once for the most part.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed about 3 20s games last year home and away and Bollan was at no more than 3 of the games the full season, my nephews just left Airdrie and he said Bollan never even had the decency to congratulate the boys on winning the league

I missed about 3 20s games last year home and away and Bollan was at no more than 3 of the games the full season, my nephews just left Airdrie and he said Bollan never even had the decency to congratulate the boys on winning the league

this is sad, fans at every club should be aware why the game is failing, what about the duty of care, what about kids being disheartened and disillusioned, and dont forget the money it take for the kids to play parents ( in my case grandparents ) always paying for things cards lottery, and fundraising,

Last 2 comments are spot on, if there is some of the development team wanting to move on and that's a big IF then we shouldn't stand in the boys way if they are going to move on to first team football elsewhere .

Your club assisted other clubs by playing loan players rather than your own 20s squad, and lets see how many he plays beforeit ludicrousludicrous

There's not a club in Scotland who don't go down the loan player road even the Premier league champions had players on loan things change in football and this is one of them also 5years ago there would have been an Airdrie fan who would have heard of Stephen Findlay with him moving on it frees up a position for another ambitious coach.

The reality is, whether six or seven young players want to move on, there will be six or seven other young footballers waiting to take their place. We've got a good setup and theres a good opportunity for someone new to take the helm and have another few years of success.

Dear God this has been discussed more than enough.

Bollan is in charge of the first team. His job is to win games and to do so he must pick the best players available. If that's an U20s player (e.g Chris O'Neil or Kyle Richford) he will pick him. If there is someone better available he will pick him.

No U20s player, with the exception of O'Neil, was better than anyone else in their position hence why did they not play regularly. Fraser, Gasparotto, Lindsay and McHugh were better than anyone else and an improvement to our squad, hence why they were brought in on loan. No point in playing a youth player if they're not good enough just for the sake of it. That's counter productive for everyone involved.

Anyway, there's plenty of U20s players in and around our squad who I imagine will feature semi - regularly at the very least. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

The only youth players who can legitimately feel aggrieved at 'not getting a chance' are Andy Duncan (who it turns out wasn't good enough) and Richford who may yet still get his chance.

I believe Bollan was also in charge at Livi when they brought through Scougall and McNulty so there's another point of yours that's not actually true.

Any news on when the kit will be available

Whenever the away kit draw is complete, I'm guessing. Its a very good offer they're giving this time, with Old Trafford Hospitality and what not thrown in. I'm sure they'll get a lot of participants in the draw.

Is this it now? An Under 20 Coach has left and some players want to follow him so we've got a big crisis on our hands and we should all just chuck it?

Seriously but, wrap this p*sh. We've got a new chairman who appears to be ambitious and all the fans want to do is focus on the negative. Its been the same with every piece of business the club has done this off-season. Its getting really tiresome.

Archived