The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Date of birth:Mar 7, 1995Place of birth:Bagdad Age:20Nationality: Scotland

IraqPosition:Defence - Centre BackFoot:rightCurrent club: Hamilton Academical FCIn the team since:Jul 1, 2014Contract until:30.06.2016

Detailed position

Main position:

Centre Back

Side position:

Right-Back

Got this from transfermarket.co.uk

BBC has us signing full-back Aldin El-Zubaidi from Accies on loan. Solution for left back problem?

Think we needed another defender so decent signing if true. Good that he's versatile too.

Creative midfielder and striker now please.

Watched the game tonight doesn't fill me with confidence,opponents were very poor

Not the must encouraging result but I guess it was more of a fitness exercise plus we were missing three of our best players in Gilly, Prunty and Lister.

This was the lineup tonight as far as I could tell...

post-7964-1436221064186_thumb.jpg

Subs were:- Ferguson, Wilson, Crighton, Bain, Cadden, Stewart & McCue

The two unknown trialists were apparently from Hamilton & St Mirren respectively, but no idea who they were.

It was a fairly bog standard pre-season match in all honesty. EK looked the brighter of the two sides for long spells, but it was all down to how well organised and well drilled they were. They pressed us high and gave us very little time on the ball. However, as the game went on, we got more of a grip on it and while we weren't overly threatening, we weren't troubled much either.

Cox started up front and while he showed lots of endeavour, there was little product. Richford moved up there from about half an hour in and while there were few chances created, he took his well after a nice move by Bain & O'Neil.

We didn't look great but I'd hardly look into it too much. It's very early days yet.

I still think we're short a midfielder and we desperately need another striker, but if we get those, I'll be happy.

Pre season means f**k all we've just drawn 1-1 with a pub team ya clown, I watched the game and we were pish

Oh no no way man you drew your 1st friendly kick about in months 1-1

Certainties for the drop now IMO

#relegation

Is this clown serious?

Pre-season means f**k all especially at this stage.

This.

This result means nothing and is no barometer of how we will do this season. Nothing more than a fitness and gelling exercise and the chance to run over trialists in a competitive situation.

Archived