The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know enough about Cox to comment tbh but hopefully proves to be a decent signing.

Think we still need a striker, attacking midfielder and a defender who could be used as a backup to the guys we already have.

Like the new home kit, nothing out of the ordinary but like the collar on it, preferred last years away kit though

Just bringing this back to people's attention...launches this Saturday

Delighted to announce that we are running our 2nd football strip amnesty in conjunction with the KitAid charity on June 27th. Same deal as before....we try to raise as many pieces of football kit as possible to send to 3rd world countries, and in return, hand out under 16 season tickets in return. Please spread the word and help to make this venture a success again...spread the word as far as you can...your pub, workplace, library, church, local shop, kids' school etc..

11428480_10153019646417252_7810067793511

Re this (alleged) signing of Cox, nothing on the OS and Bollan on the Record site saying he's happy with the signings he's made and in no rush for any more although it does mention him being linked with Cox. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/airdrieonians-boss-gary-bollan-no-5941577

Hopefully a creative midfielder and striker will be brought in before the start of the season. I'm sure we'll use the loan market again this year but ideally we'll get these players in before the season starts.

Another left - back or versatile defender would be good but I'd be happy enough for O'Neil to play there, at least initially. I'd imagine a left - back or another defender would be someone we'd bring in on loan.

Defo states on Cox Facebook page on Tuesday that he's just signed. Think he'll be a good signing and probably looking to prove himself as wasn't really getting a game at Peterhead. Hopefully the "angry wee c**t" can put that across differently if getting a decent chance to play.

Coxy has a good work rate and commitment but was poor technically (especially corners) and never seemed to settle into a position with us. Maybe a settled run with you will change him, but I think to be honest all we will miss is the work rate and the fact that is another of our squad gone leaving us looking a bit threadbare.

Coxy has a good work rate and commitment but was poor technically (especially corners) and never seemed to settle into a position with us. Maybe a settled run with you will change him, but I think to be honest all we will miss is the work rate and the fact that is another of our squad gone leaving us looking a bit threadbare.

This sounds like Nathan Blockley.

That away one is what I want the ICT away kit to be every season. Maybe thinner stripes to copy the Thistle home kit from the early 90's. No idea why ICT have never gone for the Caley colours for the home kit, and the Thistle ones for the away.

That away one is what I want the ICT away kit to be every season. Maybe thinner stripes to copy the Thistle home kit from the early 90's. No idea why ICT have never gone for the Caley colours for the home kit, and the Thistle ones for the away.

that would be good!

See all these posters that are posting about the abilities of lower league footballers- how do you know how good they are? Our games aint on the telly and at most all you watch these players is 2-4 times per season. It would also take most folk a right few games to even recognise players from other teams to be able to rememeber or comment on their ability- so how do you know how good or otherwise some random lower league player is?

See all these posters that are posting about the abilities of lower league footballers- how do you know how good they are? Our games aint on the telly and at most all you watch these players is 2-4 times per season. It would also take most folk a right few games to even recognise players from other teams to be able to rememeber or comment on their ability- so how do you know how good or otherwise some random lower league player is?

f**k sake mate you never heard of football manager ? Look at Cox's stats they are pish he is a bang average signing at best.

Archived