The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

I'm sure that last message will be a great weight lifted off the shoulders of the 4 victims,wonder if your views would be the same had one of the victims been a friend or a member of your family ( somehow I don't think so)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite sure that he has a full time job so he won't be living off the state. If he was subject to a PVG check which clearly he hasn't been he would not be employed in any workplace where one was required. I would argue that footballers should be subject to a PVG check as there is an opportunity for them to work with vulnerable groups within the community ie children. And although some might argue otherwise, football at this level is not a proper job in any case.

I'm quite sure that he has a full time job so he won't be living off the state. If he was subject to a PVG check which clearly he hasn't been he would not be employed in any workplace where one was required. I would argue that footballers should be subject to a PVG check as there is an opportunity for them to work with vulnerable groups within the community ie children. And although some might argue otherwise, football at this level is not a proper job in any case.

He wont be allowed to work with children doing coaching without a PVG, which as you say he wont get. So if that's your concern it shouldn't be, that's a non-issue.

I'm sure he does have another job, but it's not just about this specific case, it's the principle. If you don't agree with them being able to get a job, as some (not you) seem to be suggesting then what is the alternative?

I'm sure that last message will be a great weight lifted off the shoulders of the 4 victims,wonder if your views would be the same had one of the victims been a friend or a member of your family ( somehow I don't think so)

I'm not sure, probably not, but I'd like to think that people who weren't emotionally involved in the situation would make the rational, objective decision on my behalf in that instance.

Hope lithgow has a great season just to prove everyone wrong, really good signing for us, I'm sure A few other teams in the league would've wanted him

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I'm sure 8 years on the victims are still traumatised and thinking of Al's winky.

Or not as the case may be in the real world.

Darren Dodds appointed Brechin manager. Not that I thought Bollan was going there but we can put that one to bed.

Anyway, I'm surprised w@nking at women in the street isn't at least frowned upon in Ayr and Dumbarton. Not so much the Falkirk area mind you...

Archived