The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

So the "I'm not going back to watch Airdrie until Ballantyne moves aside" will now become the "I'm not going back to watch Airdrie until Lithgow is sacked".

He might be a beast, but he's our beast.[/quoteBrains of Britain]

Multi quote is your friend.

I have never said either of the things stated above. Sorry if I am put out by our team signing someone who is a fucking sex case. Can't see how anyone could argue for the signing. I'll be there as usual but will be booing every move that dirty slag makes.

Good one. Look forward to that.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you looking forward to it?

Because I'll be working offshore for a majority of the football season again, and only being able to take in the odd game, and it'll be interesting - potentially a highlight - to see how many of our fans will, like yourself, stand up and boo one of our own players.

Because I'll be working offshore for a majority of the football season again, and only being able to take in the odd game, and it'll be interesting - potentially a highlight - to see how many of our fans will, like yourself, stand up and boo a sex case and all round wrong un.

I've corrected your post for you.

I treat him the signing with trepidation, yes - and I did predict it a good few weeks ago, but as long as he gives 100% on the pitch then I'm not sure why he should be "boo'd".

His background is his background. That can't be changed. As noted in numerous previous posts he has shown remorse and there has not been a repeat offence since he was convicted, and his punishment has been served.

As the Honourable Francesc Fabregas says, the reaction is always the same whenever he signs on with a new club.

Questioning my "sanity" over a tongue-and-cheek remark is questionable in itself, while questioning my sanity over working at sea, supporting Airdrie "at times" and indulging other forum posters, is perfectly reasonable.

I treat him the signing with trepidation, yes - and I did predict it a good few weeks ago, but as long as he gives 100% on the pitch then I'm not sure why he should be "boo'd".

His background is his background. That can't be changed. As noted in numerous previous posts he has shown remorse and there has not been a repeat offence since he was convicted, and his punishment has been served.

As the Honourable Francesc Fabregas says, the reaction is always the same whenever he signs on with a new club.

Questioning my "sanity" over a tongue-and-cheek remark is questionable in itself, while questioning my sanity over working at sea, supporting Airdrie "at times" and indulging other forum posters, is perfectly reasonable.

Not sure why he should be boo'd? Jesus wept.

I won't be saying any more on the matter on here. Disgusted by this move and disgusted by some of our fans on here with their boss eyed morals.

It's ok to be a sex pest, all is forgiven as long as you are very sorry and don't do it again. Deary me.

Can't believe anyone would be ok with a sex pest like lithgow playing for us. Would you be comfortable leaving your kids to take part in an aces event with him around? I certainly wouldn't.

The reaction is always the same. Alan made a mistake when he was younger and he's paid for it. I sat next to him when we beat East Fife 6-0 in 2011 when I'd have been 14 and he's a top guy. Always had time to speak to fans at the POTY bash and during games if he wasn't playing. He's not a Rolf Harris/Jimmy Saville danger to kids and any suggestion that he'd do anything to your (or anyone else's) children is frankly laughable.

What you're getting is a solid, no nonsense centre half, I'm sure he'll be a great success.

There are footballers who've killed other humans who are still playing.

Lithgow has served the punishment that was deemed appropriate by the court, hasn't committed any offence since and has built a solid and reliable career since the incident. He'll live with the consequences and punishment, by being on the sex offenders register, for the rest of his life. The club are giving him a chance - as should the fans.

Lithgow has served the punishment that was deemed appropriate by the court, hasn't committed any offence since and has built a solid and reliable career since the incident. He'll live with the consequences and punishment, by being on the sex offenders register, for the rest of his life. The club are giving him a chance - as should the fans.

But but but we iz a cumunity cwub now

Hang him on a cross

Archived