The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we shouldn't at all "only be interested in how good he is on the park". Its that kind of abdication of moral responsibility that is wrong with football and society these days. Nobody is willing to stand by any form of principle if there might be some personal gain to be had.

He committed a crime as a teenager, was suitably punished and hasn't committed one since. He took some amount of abuse when he played with us and to be honest he took it like a man.

You sound like the type of c**t who wants to bring back the death penalty and national service.

Crime committed (about a decade ago), punishment served, decent player. What's the problem?

He committed a crime as a teenager, was suitably punished and hasn't committed one since. He took some amount of abuse when he played with us and to be honest he took it like a man.

You sound like the type of c**t who wants to bring back the death penalty and national service.

Crime committed (about a decade ago), punishment served, decent player. What's the problem?

Couldn't agree more with you, he's done something wrong which was ages ago, he's suffered the consequences, hopefully he will be a good asset to the squad looking forward to seeing him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

From the press conference

New owner - Gary Bollan has done a wonderful job and I'm looking forward to speaking to him. I hope he'll be with us for some time to come.

We're going to engage with fans, and we're going to invest in the right areas. We want the community to come along with us.

I wanted to do something to reignite my passion for Scottish football.

Airdrieonians is in a very good place as we're not saddled with huge debt. It's a massive opportunity.

The Club's community links are vitally important. A football club can be the beating heart of a community

Youth development will remain a big focus

To be fair, Airdrie do those things well already. They have a strong supporters trust, have sold players on like Tony Watt and have just won the U-20 league west. Just sound like just buzzwords.

Unless you have a better deal sorted on the stadium and/or the new man is willing to invest in the playing squad, it's going to be the same as it was in the last few years of Ballantyne's reign.

Signing a sex offender is of course uncomfortable and doesn't sit right. I believe Lithgow has shown contrition and remorse for what he did, been punished and it's something he will regret for the rest of his life. Rightly so. To my knowledge he hasn't committed any other crime (sexual or otherwise) since the incident. He's built a solid career since and I think he deserves a chance - which the club are giving him. The club are giving someone from the area a chance to further redeem themselves and make up for what they have done.

I actually can't believe some of the guys on here are trying to condone what Lithgow got done for, wonder if you's would feel the same way had any of the victims been a relation or a family friend. (I don't think so )

Not someone I want at the club. Good defender... but a convicted sex offender. Agree with the comment above with regards to our 'community club.' Community Service? Some crimes I could probably forgive but a sex offence? Afraid not.

Do you suppose the board considered the reaction it would get if we signed him, considering the abuse he has taken from some fans in the past?

There's always this kind of reaction when Alan Lithgow joins a new team. Most people are fairly sanguine about it, acknowledging he's a pretty decent player for the level, and then there's one or two upstarts who complain about his past indiscretion and worry that their club is attracting ne'er-do-wells and lowering their reputation. And then it all blows over in a couple of weeks.

The same thing will happen here.

Sorry to see him leave Stenhousemuir as he was pretty solid for us over the past year. He should do well enough at Airdrie. He's better than the two centre-backs you started last season with.

There's always this kind of reaction when Alan Lithgow joins a new team. Most people are fairly sanguine about it, acknowledging he's a pretty decent player for the level, and then there's one or two upstarts who complain about his past indiscretion and worry that their club is attracting ne'er-do-wells and lowering their reputation. And then it all blows over in a couple of weeks.

The same thing will happen here.

Sorry to see him leave Stenhousemuir as he was pretty solid for us over the past year. He should do well enough at Airdrie. He's better than the two centre-backs you started last season with.

"indiscretion" sorry but wanking off infront a women and weans is not an indiscretion and I don't think you'll find Airdrie fans as forgiving as some others. I am disgusted that this filthy rat will be wearing a diamond

So the "I'm not going back to watch Airdrie until Ballantyne moves aside" will now become the "I'm not going back to watch Airdrie until Lithgow is sacked".

I have never said either of the things stated above. Sorry if I am put out by our team signing someone who is a fucking sex case. Can't see how anyone could argue for the signing. I'll be there as usual but will be booing every move that dirty slag makes.

I have never said either of the things stated above. Sorry if I am put out by our team signing someone who is a fucking sex case. Can't see how anyone could argue for the signing. I'll be there as usual but will be booing every move that dirty slag makes.

No you won't. Once you've calmed down you'll pay up and watch him in silence as normal.

Archived