The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Only Celtic, Hearts and Hibs conceded fewer goals than the Rovers in Scotland this season, so he must be doing something right.

So, the squad is looking good so far, but we still need some centre backs. Craig Sives would probably be a good shout, but surely he'd be looking for a full time contract?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pleased with the signing of Parry - has always looked solid when I've seen him. It's also good to see Rohan Ferguson getting a deal as his number 2. He had a very good game against Dunfermline on the last day of the season, certainly looks like a future first team keeper!

I'm glad Cadden has signed on too, hoping he really pushes on this year and grabs a starting place.

The squad is certainly taking shape, if we can get Lister and Docherty signed up and then get a couple of good centre halves, then I think we're looking as strong as we have in the summer for years.

Has anyone seen any of the 20s , surely a league winning side must have some sort of central defender coming through?

We have one CB that plays regularly with Scotland schools. Quite short but looked a decent prospect when I seen him in the development game against Morton a few months ago.

On the Airdrie Facebook group a few folk saying that Andy Goram commented on something asking if Ballantyne was spending his money from the Airdrie sale?

Parry is a good signing IMO. Always been solid and reliable when I've seen him play and he's highly rated by the fans of clubs he's played for. Cadden has been okay without doing anything spectacular whenever he's played. Hope he can push on this season.

Not heard of the lad Docherty before, good player? Might as well tell us if you have any other half decent players we can nick.

Wouldn't fancy taking him, looking at his stats he's made 40 apps throughout his career and scored 0 goals!

Archived