The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Av got a strong feeling it's Lee Hollis who done not bad at Motherwell

He started off well when with us as a youngster I thought. He had a poor first half against St Mirren I think and im sure he got subbed which seemed to affect/effect (sorry my grammars crap) his confidence for a while.

Has he played much recently ?

Grant Adam has signed on at Morton so it's not going to be him.

That's not true he's on trial at Yeovil

No-one seems to know what's happening with Adam. It had been confirmed in our local paper that he had agreed terms on a new deal, but there has been no official confirmation that he has signed the deal. Wouldn't be too sad to see him leave, he is only our back-up to Derek Gaston, and his wage could be used on an outfield player while using the under 20s keeper on the bench.

He started off well when with us as a youngster I thought. He had a poor first half against St Mirren I think and im sure he got subbed which seemed to affect/effect (sorry my grammars crap) his confidence for a while.

He was released by Motherwell at some point during last season and signed for Hearts on a short term deal to provide back-up to Neil Alexander. Played a few times for the development squad but that's it. Would surely want to try and stay full time in the Championship at least.

If I remember correctly, he let a long-range shot (a free kick, maybe) in between his legs early doors in that game, but had a great save in the second half and then skinned one of their forwards outside the box, which restored his confidence. I think that might have been his first senior game.

I think Hollis would do a job at our level but I wouldn't think of him as 'top notch'. I liked McNeill and was disappointed to see him go. Party seems to be well thought of and his name is being linked on here. Suppose we will just need to wait and see. Maybe Petre Czech has always wanted to play for the Diamonds!!

Archived