The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally defeats the purpose of a development team

Every fucking team in the country brings in players. Fucksake, Man U just paid £36 million for a teenager, think their fans are saying "defeats the purpose of a development team".

Some just love to moan though....

God you can talk 10 pails of shite, it's Airdrie we're talking about ya clown

Yep, it's Airdrie we're talking about. As I've said bringing in a player, no matter the age, is a tactic employed by every team up and down the country. In no way does it defeat the purpose of any development squad.

You're clearly pretty fucking stupid if you cant see that.

Here's a novel concept: how about we wait to see what the lad is like before chastising Bollan for signing him?

Yep, it's Airdrie we're talking about. As I've said bringing in a player, no matter the age, is a tactic employed by every team up and down the country. In no way does it defeat the purpose of any development squad.

You're clearly pretty fucking stupid if you cant see that.

Pesadilla hits the nail on the head here. Obviously Bollan doesn't fancy anyone in the U20s team to do the job so he has brought someone else in who he rates as better. We will have to trust his judgement and hope he plays well.

The boy certainly has a good pedigree at a lower level - scored 34 goals in 14 games for Spartans - and whilst that's obviously a lower level, it's still impressive and a record that no one in our U20s team can compare with.

Lets give him a chance and hope he does the job he's been signed to do. With the exception of Prunty he can't be any worse than what we've got upfront.

The boy certainly has a good pedigree at a lower level - scored 34 goals in 14 games for Spartans - and whilst that's obviously a lower level, it's still impressive and a record that no one in our U20s team can compare

It was Spartans under 20s (appreciate you'll know that but thought worth clarifying!)

It was Spartans under 20s (appreciate you'll know that but thought worth clarifying!)

Ah yes you're right. The official website doesn't make that clear. He has it all to prove at first team level, and so could very well turn out to be a dud (his lack of goals at Elgin is a cause of concern) but I'm willing to give him a chance and hope he bangs the goals in.

The site goes down for over 24 hours and you return with "I told you so". That was worth the wait.

I don't know if anyone was particularly writing the laddie off but it wouldn't be an Airdrie thread without some moaning.

As for the laddie himself, showed some nice composure on the ball, decent passing and his goal was excellent. Even if unintended it would have been a fantastic cross, taking the keeper out completely.

Morgan looks a lot better off the bench when the game is more open and defenders tiring. Not entirely convinced we deserved to win but the winner was worthy of winning any game. 9 points from 15 is good going considering I wouldn't even say we've played well so far. We are getting better though, Brown looks a much better option than Stewart, although he fell out the game a bit in the second half, assuming that's partly because he hasn't played 90 minutes yet though.

Sets up next week's game well, not looked forward to a game as much in a long while.

Archived