The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

This was the lineup tonight as far as I could tell...

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1436221062.216713.jpg

Subs were:- Ferguson, Wilson, Crighton, Bain, Cadden, Stewart & McCue

The two unknown trialists were apparently from Hamilton & St Mirren respectively, but no idea who they were.

It was a fairly bog standard pre-season match in all honesty. EK looked the brighter of the two sides for long spells, but it was all down to how well organised and well drilled they were. They pressed us high and gave us very little time on the ball. However, as the game went on, we got more of a grip on it and while we weren't overly threatening, we weren't troubled much either.

Cox started up front and while he showed lots of endeavour, there was little product. Richford moved up there from about half an hour in and while there were few chances created, he took his well after a nice move by Bain & O'Neil.

We didn't look great but I'd hardly look into it too much. It's very early days yet.

I still think we're short a midfielder and we desperately need another striker, but if we get those, I'll be happy.

The Nicky guy maybe Nicky Phinn

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre season means f**k all we've just drawn 1-1 with a pub team ya clown, I watched the game and we were pish

Give it time. Not much more than a weeks training and yer moaning already.

Sorry but we have been in training fron the 16th of June we had a run out against Alloa and after watching the game last night we should be able to take goals of a mediocre junior team, but they actually looked the better team ,we desperately need another striker and a midfielder with a bit of quality, Cox looked as though he was out of his depth the other trialist was way off the pace. If he was as I'm led to believe, Nick Phinn he played for Colville Park amateurs last season

At this stage, friendlies are about getting players sharp and seeing how trialists fit into systems. As mentioned, Prunty, Lister, Morton and Gilfillan were absent. Result means nothing.

And the trialist wasn't Nick Phinn.

Sorry but we have been in training fron the 16th of June we had a run out against Alloa and after watching the game last night we should be able to take goals of a mediocre junior team, but they actually looked the better team ,we desperately need another striker and a midfielder with a bit of quality, Cox looked as though he was out of his depth the other trialist was way off the pace. If he was as I'm led to believe, Nick Phinn he played for Colville Park amateurs last season

Roaster :lol:

We are a part time team, we train 2-3 times a week !!! Pre-season games like 2night and no disrespect to teams like east kilbride is no more that fitness looking at trialists and trying out different formations the result isn't important !!! The games against nairn and the other games against the descent juniors in the cup are important and results will count then when we have the first eleven on the park.

Pre season is all about the formation and looking to see how the team plays with each other, didn't see last nights but saw Saturday's and airdrie were by far better than decent. Cox was all over it upfront on Saturday, centre halfs were solid and it was an impressive trial run.

Pre season is all about the formation and looking to see how the team plays with each other, didn't see last nights but saw Saturday's and airdrie were by far better than decent. Cox was all over it upfront on Saturday, centre halfs were solid and it was an impressive trial run.

I'm sorry, but on the basis 100% of your posts are about Cox your opinions relating to him are invalid.

I'm sorry, but on the basis 100% of your posts are about Cox your opinions relating to him are invalid.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, whether u think it's valid or not. Have saw him play when he was at Peterhead and interested to see how it goes in airdrie so have gave the team some attention. Pretty sure I've replied to posts about lithgow and have also gave credit to the centre halfs in my last post but suppose that's invalid too. Good to see your interested in how the teams forming as well tho.......

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, whether u think it's valid or not. Have saw him play when he was at Peterhead and interested to see how it goes in airdrie so have gave the team some attention. Pretty sure I've replied to posts about lithgow and have also gave credit to the centre halfs in my last post but suppose that's invalid too. Good to see your interested in how the teams forming as well tho.......

Aye okay Mrs Cox

Aye okay Mrs Cox

I made a similar suggestion waaay back on page 11 and was swiftly viewed by two unused account one of whom was named "davjcox" and the other one also beginning with "dav" let's see if you get the scrutiny treatment as well. Haha

Edit to add David_86 was the other

I made a similar suggestion waaay back on page 11 and was swiftly viewed by two unused account one of whom was named "davjcox" and the other one also beginning with "dav" let's see if you get the scrutiny treatment as well. Haha

If you're going make an account on an online forum on the back of knowing a player:-

1. Don't open the account a matter of days before the signing is announced.

2. Don't only post about said player.

3. Don't try and claim you are not related to him while ignoring 1& 2.

If you're going make an account on an online forum on the back of knowing a player:-

1. Don't open the account a matter of days before the signing is announced.

2. Don't only post about said player.

3. Don't try and claim you are not related to him while ignoring 1& 2.

Truer words never spoken! The Davjcox profile has never posted but has checked 200 profiles! Ha ha

Archived