The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to provide a few easily researchable factoids, no recriminations, or anything, just some food for thought;

I was looking at Airdrie's win ratios and key player pointers.   I look at football from slightly different analytical perspectives at times when looking for an edge.   Here's a few things.

Our win % in all comps this season is 36% (46% losses).   I'm looking at stats on games the following players have started in:

Crighton and Lithgow have started in all games and Parry practically has too, so they remain the baseline for this shitty season.

Disappointingly,  Fitzpatrick has only 31% win rate.   Faria, Bain and Lister's are all 33%.  All under the baseline of 36%.  Worst figure for a significant player is Nicky Cadden at 27%.   Jordan Thompson on contributed to wins in 14% of games started.    So on the surface we're worse with them in the team?

Given your penchant for Chris O'Neil I thought it was strange you left him out. Upon checking, it's not so strange. 32% win rate, only 1% above your favourite centre backs and well below the 'baseline 36%'. But the more shocking figure was his 60% loss rate, way above the 46% (which I'm assuming is correct, not checked your figures). Food for thought indeed.

Given your penchant for Chris O'Neil I thought it was strange you left him out. Upon checking, it's not so strange. 32% win rate, only 1% above your favourite centre backs and well below the 'baseline 36%'. But the more shocking figure was his 60% loss rate, way above the 46% (which I'm assuming is correct, not checked your figures). Food for thought indeed.

I did say significant players. His role being diminished now a fair bit. Listen, I like the boy, I make no bones about it. I still think as a 20 y/o he has a lot of development left. But it sounds like he off anyway.

Just a few additions to this, your work was sloppy too. His loss rate is 52% no 60. The win rate below the 36% of dizzy and dosey.

As said earlier it was an enlightening process for me. I actually learned a few things searching those results and I think I've given a pretty fair reflection of that.

Does anyone genuinely care whether Watt is telling the truth or not?

For all intents and purposes he is no longer an Airdrie player. In the grand scheme of things he will be a flash in the pan and folk will have forgot about him in a couple of years time.

Unless the clubs starts lining players up and executing them, I will always support Airdrie. Everything else is soap opera stuff.

Yes. If Watt is telling the truth the club are lying. 

I've backed enough liars in my time following Airdrie to know when enough is enough.

Yes. If Watt is telling the truth the club are lying.

I've backed enough liars in my time following Airdrie to know when enough is enough.

Likewise if the club were lieing I would not like it. Honesty is all you want.

I did say significant players. His role being diminished now a fair bit. Listen, I like the boy, I make no bones about it. I still think as a 20 y/o he has a lot of development left. But it sounds like he off anyway

That's fair enough, well I rate Lithgow as as a footballer also. My reasons I feel in the run in he's one player in the team who has stood up and been counted and took responsibility . A good footballer is one who can perform well when the team isn't performing well, it's far easier to perform well when the team is playing well.

My view of Chris potentially a very good footballer. I feel the club and Jimmy Boyle in the past done chris no favours. Go back to the season he got the injury, now what I am stating is fact. Chris was asked to train and the hope the injury would break as it would heal the process quicker ( I can't remember specific injury). Jimmy Boyle continued to select chris on the hope it would break, Chris played a game at abroath where he gave away a penalty near the end and got critism as good majority of fans didn't know he was carrying the injury. Chris has been played out of position this year in the long run I think it will make him a better player. Personally I don't agree with playing a young player with a injury.

Touch by madness mentions cox n lister going Albion where's the proof ,and where is proof cox staying for life ,think he's bit confused 🤔🤔

Mentioned in the tizer and also in the record don't think either of them will be short of offers.

Worked wonders with no money in our youth set-up. The money from players he brought through (Tony Watt, Jordan Allan, Liam Coogans) probably kept the club afloat.

He became first team manager reluctantly, was always happier and more suited in the youth role. Lovely guy as well, good luck to him.

Did a great job with the youth team - bringing through players and selling them on. Was in charge of the first team at a difficult time, and I don't think he ever really wanted to do it, but was still able to deliver his remit of bringing through youth players. 

Best of luck to him. I know he's been trying to get back involved at club level for a while now.

Did a very good job when in charge of our youths, so I believe he will do  well for Dundee. Jimmy role as airdrie manager I felt was a step to far and was a very poor manager, but as head of youth he will do well for Dundee.

Archived