The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Ofcourse Liam watt will have a different story to the official party line. Ofcourse he will feel aggrieved to the way he feels he has been treated. Sadly there's no player bigger than the club. Only Liam watt and the club no exactly what happened the club have stated there version but sadly Liam watts comments now true or false will only be seen as sour grapes against there former employer.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with anyone thinking they're bigger than the club but more to do with the fact it's being said he was offered a contract when information suggests otherwise. But to then go on and state that he was creating tensions or however it was put across at the Q&A and on other occasions is actually becoming personal and gives anyone the right to defend themselves.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone genuinely care whether Watt is telling the truth or not?

For all intents and purposes he is no longer an Airdrie player. In the grand scheme of things he will be a flash in the pan and folk will have forgot about him in a couple of years time.

Unless the clubs starts lining players up and executing them, I will always support Airdrie. Everything else is soap opera stuff.

Airdrie10 clearly has a grudge and wants to cause trouble. One of his previous allegations was totally blown out the water at the Q and A and after that he was quiet for a while. Unfortunately, he's back. I would urge people to take anything he says with a huge pinch of salt.

He obviously wasn't at the Q and A to put his allegations to the Chairman's face or, if he was there, he didn't have the guts to take on the Chairman.

Fans should think carefully as to how much credence to give to people who operates by spreading discontent anonymously.

Was it really blown out of the water?

Does anyone genuinely care whether Watt is telling the truth or not?

For all intents and purposes he is no longer an Airdrie player. In the grand scheme of things he will be a flash in the pan and folk will have forgot about him in a couple of years time.

Unless the clubs starts lining players up and executing them, I will always support Airdrie. Everything else is soap opera stuff.

This. It's like Albert Square has moved to Airdrie. I wish any player moving on well, whatever the circumstances. But save the drama and 'truth will out' nonsense...

touched by madness. I don't know if you were at the Q and A? I was and went with an open mind. The Chairman dealt with the proposition that a particular agent was running the club in detail. He said there were originally 3 players from that agent. 2 had left the club and McBride had retired because of injury but was helping coach. He said further than none of the signings in the transfer window had that agent. Further, none of the existing players had that agent. This was a totally comprehensive and clear answer. If it was a lie he had some nerve saying it in front of an audience.

My overall view of the chairman was that he was a bit sensitive to criticism but that he was telling the truth. I am not prepared to accept from anyone not at the meeting that I am wrong in accepting the Chairman's word. If you were at the meeting and formed a contrary view that's a different matter.

I was at it and I do have a different view but that's just me, I like going against the grain lol.

The bit about it for me is, and maybe I've trust issues 🙈, but how can anyone support/trust the Club if it looks like they can't be honest from the off? Whether it's about players or anything else, if you want fans onboard to back you, back the dream etc be honest. If you want decent players to come and play in future, treat the ones you had there before well.

Some will be glad to hear that's all I'm saying on the matter now. It's been a thread that's had me in stitches many a night full of the wine. Keep up the good work Diamonds! 😉

I was at it and I do have a different view but that's just me, I like going against the grain lol.

The bit about it for me is, and maybe I've trust issues 🙈, but how can anyone support/trust the Club if it looks like they can't be honest from the off? Whether it's about players or anything else, if you want fans onboard to back you, back the dream etc be honest. If you want decent players to come and play in future, treat the ones you had there before well.

Some will be glad to hear that's all I'm saying on the matter now. It's been a thread that's had me in stitches many a night full of the wine. Keep up the good work Diamonds! 😉

I'm sure there's a few on here very very happy that's all your going to say, can we not tempt you to say a little more LOL

touched by madness. I don't know if you were at the Q and A? I was and went with an open mind. The Chairman dealt with the proposition that a particular agent was running the club in detail. He said there were originally 3 players from that agent. 2 had left the club and McBride had retired because of injury but was helping coach. He said further than none of the signings in the transfer window had that agent. Further, none of the existing players had that agent. This was a totally comprehensive and clear answer. If it was a lie he had some nerve saying it in front of an audience.

My overall view of the chairman was that he was a bit sensitive to criticism but that he was telling the truth. I am not prepared to accept from anyone not at the meeting that I am wrong in accepting the Chairman's word. If you were at the meeting and formed a contrary view that's a different matter.

Waysider,  I know you were at the Q&A.   Was the issue about "Alan Love blown out of the water"? 

It was said that when the new owners took over that Bollan had assembled an already bloated squad.   If so, why did the new owner they sign those same 3 players?  Shitsky, Morgan and McBride (McBride also, incidentally, being the exact same profile of injured has-been who holds up for 3 games then needs released that we're now going to avoid).  There was then a further (unconvincing and unproveable) insistence that Love had nothing to do with Faria, McDonald or the 2 Motherwell duds who came in during the winter window.  Why slate Bollan for the bloated squad when those 3 absolute duds were the main reason it was bloated?  I genuinely don't get it.   Why was it not questioned or queried?   Not exactly easy when those holding the aces are threatening to walk away.   Who wants to be blamed for forcing that situation.

Now,  this is where it gets complicated for me.   Why does it matter 2 f**ks who the agent is?   Why make a song and dance about it?   If TW is propping us up and hopes to make money and achieve his dream through the trading of players then it shouldn't matter who the agent is.   Archibald's players were coming from "Bahia Productionnes",  he was quite open that Fernandez, Broto, etc. would be sold on and replacements would come in (Nacho Novo was one who got away, eventually coming firstly to Raith).    If Love is a preferred agent,  and we all know that is a major cog in modern football,  what is it a f**king problem and why is there so much grief about it?   Mr. W.,  it's your club now,  your vision,  your ball,   use Love and don't apologise for it.   Get us better players in,  profit for moving them, and get us back over 1000 fans in the Championship  (Doesn't help when the braggadocio agent fuels the fires with his own jackanories?).

The Liam Watt saga wasn't particularly well dealt with from the outside looking in and something that I think the club and player should sort out privately instead of the public domain.  I've heard club's side and I have a particular insight from the player's side.   Really the whole saga is a mess.   

Why all the grief?   It's their club,  I'd hope the club stop trying to deal with these matters in public as they're insignificant.   The entire Airdrie support backs the owner completely over his kid getting grief,   I'd say we're all pretty grown up enough to realise players will come and go and would certainly accept that if the product on the pitch was acceptable,  and things like players contracts should be handled in-house?

And lastly,  if Q+A sessions are going to be divisive then maybe we're better without them?  

I really don't see why there's any grief apart from the owner's daughter thing that is a disgrace.   It doesn't help that this year was a wasted year.   We all need to focus on getting crowds and league position improved and cut out the bullshit - TOGETHER.

Airdrie10 you don't know me ,you sound like a trouble maker just trying to mix it .

He clearly called him a "***** b******". It can be checked by looking back. Are you so fecking thick that a simple task like that is beyond you?

Copper18 must be a parody account?

He clearly called him a "***** b******". It can be checked by looking back. Are you so fecking thick that a simple task like that is beyond you?

Copper18 must be a parody account?

You would be better suited to countdown than a football forum telling of carluke diamond for spelling it's commical.

I'm presuming Cox and lister will be leaving ? Would be very surprised to see them move to us tho - but you never know. 

"And the 37-year-old is keen to get down to business in terms of new arrivals with Airdrieonians pair Jim Lister and David Cox on his radar. "

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/darren-young-wants-firepower-albion-7794136#6vJiLmrIuDbiVFmu.99

I'm presuming Cox and lister will be leaving ? Would be very surprised to see them move to us tho - but you never know. 

"And the 37-year-old is keen to get down to business in terms of new arrivals with Airdrieonians pair Jim Lister and David Cox on his radar. "

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/darren-young-wants-firepower-albion-7794136#6vJiLmrIuDbiVFmu.99

No way Cox is leaving,   he'll be with us forever.  Why would Airdrie want to let a committed, industrious player, only 27 y/o,  leave to go to Cliftonhill?    Same with Lister.   He's handing his notice at work, swapped his BMW for a smart car, and is selling his house to move his family (himself, wife and 3 kids) back in to his parent's house so he can live the full time dream at Airdrie next season.

Sorry to disappoint you but we need to be cruel to be kind.   We could give you Nico Shitsky's twitter handle if you wish though?

Archived