The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

John Martin autobiography....

Johnny will be signing copies of his new book on Saturday at the following locations 

Walkers Bon Bon Cake Shop - 10.30-11.30 
Rowan Suite - midday-2.45 
Outside the Diamonds Den at half time 
Presidents Bar - post match 
At the POTY evening 

There will also be a Q&A session in the Rowan Suite from 1.30-2.15, hosted by Colin Paterson from the advertiser.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liam Watt on twitter saying to truth always comes out about midnight last night, any know of any developments at the club last night other than this truly god awful thread?

We'll no doubt have a tribunal coming up for the club. We have Watt insinuating he had no contract offer and the club saying he did.

No doubt the barrassic Livi will be hoping to avoid a compo as they have little or no means.

We as fans are now left with a decision. Them or us? Whose side are we on? Do we want our club to get some compo as that'll surely help the team next year?

All in all a sorry state, personally I don't think we've played it very well and I certainly resent (strongly) what I think have been really poor decisions, I'd certainly prefer we still had what I think is a decent player but now only hoping we at least get something for him.

Lets hope we can move on from this episode and trust that things will get better?

We'll no doubt have a tribunal coming up for the club. We have Watt insinuating he had no contract offer and the club saying he did.

No doubt the barrassic Livi will be hoping to avoid a compo as they have little or no means.

We as fans are now left with a decision. Them or us? Whose side are we on? Do we want our club to get some compo as that'll surely help the team next year?

All in all a sorry state, personally I don't think we've played it very well and I certainly resent (strongly) what I think have been really poor decisions, I'd certainly prefer we still had what I think is a decent player but now only hoping we at least get something for him.

Lets hope we can move on from this episode and trust that things will get better?

Agree - I reckon fans will ultimately be loyal to club. Especially if they deliver on the plans they've outlined. Sounds like whatever happened was badly done. But players come and go - I doubt anyone will give a toss a few months down the line if they see success on the pitch happening.

Airdrie10 clearly has a grudge and wants to cause trouble. One of his previous allegations was totally blown out the water at the Q and A and after that he was quiet for a while. Unfortunately, he's back. I would urge people to take anything he says with a huge pinch of salt.

He obviously wasn't at the Q and A to put his allegations to the Chairman's face or, if he was there, he didn't have the guts to take on the Chairman.

Fans should think carefully as to how much credence to give to people who operates by spreading discontent anonymously.

Airdrie10 clearly has a grudge and wants to cause trouble. One of his previous allegations was totally blown out the water at the Q and A and after that he was quiet for a while. Unfortunately, he's back. I would urge people to take anything he says with a huge pinch of salt.

He obviously wasn't at the Q and A to put his allegations to the Chairman's face or, if he was there, he didn't have the guts to take on the Chairman.

Fans should think carefully as to how much credence to give to people who operates by spreading discontent anonymously.

Airdrie10 called kingy orange ...... I don't take bigots seriously.

Feathers are ruffled yet again. TUT TUT I expected more

Regardless of the truth, whilst watt is technically still an Airdrie player they need to reign him in.

Why? So it's ok for them to say whatever to whoever publicly and he isn't allowed to reply. If there was nothing in it I'm sure Liam wouldn't be saying anything at all. Reign him in....... This is what happens when it's put across that he was creating unrest, folk believe it and make automatic judgements

I was talking to a guy I know who is a football agent. He tells me he can't understand why livvy have signed Liam Watt on a pre contract because as long as Airdrie offer him terms the same or better that he s on, he reckons airdrie will be due substantial compensation due to the years he has been at Airdrie and the number of first team games played.

I haven't read of any fee yet, has one been agreed, ? if so, don't expect to get paid any time soon. !

Does anyone else find this interesting or who knows the SFA rule book inside out. As he is under 23 and has been at Airdrie for 4 years i would have assumed a fee would be forthcoming if Airdrie do offer him a written contract before his current one expires.They would be be foolish not to. and whilst i wouldn't expect a massive fee, Livi are skinto!

Why? So it's ok for them to say whatever to whoever publicly and he isn't allowed to reply. If there was nothing in it I'm sure Liam wouldn't be saying anything at all. Reign him in....... This is what happens when it's put across that he was creating unrest, folk believe it and make automatic judgements

Ofcourse Liam watt will have a different story to the official party line. Ofcourse he will feel aggrieved to the way he feels he has been treated. Sadly there's no player bigger than the club. Only Liam watt and the club no exactly what happened the club have stated there version but sadly Liam watts comments now true or false will only be seen as sour grapes against there former employer.

Archived