The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Would love us to make play offs and keep you down again.

That's not going to happen. This late in the season and on the run Airdrie's on at the moment not a lots going to change, I reckon they're looking at 4-6 more points from this season.

Even if they did sneak 4th, they'd be well beaten by the 9th team in the championship, as will Stranraer (assuming they hang on to 4th).

Best to concentrate on not going down, playing out the rest of the season, and start with the big plans next year.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not going to happen. This late in the season and on the run Airdrie's on at the moment not a lots going to change, I reckon they're looking at 4-6 more points from this season.

Even if they did sneak 4th, they'd be well beaten by the 9th team in the championship, as will Stranraer (assuming they hang on to 4th).

Best to concentrate on not going down, playing out the rest of the season, and start with the big plans next year.

I get your comments however you should always aim as high as possible.

touchedbymadness - is the Ferguson in your proposed team the same one who has been playing right-back until recently, or someone else from the youth system?

Only on the basis of see what he's got. He is allegedly a centre back. He was brought as potential cover for dizzy and dosey. King said he may be the kind of player we need for next season. If he is give him 4 games there now. Watch the Stranraer highlights and tell me that Crighton and Lithgow are irreplaceable.

If there is anybody in the 20s who has even a semblance of passing ability then they should be straight in the team.

Robbie Leighton really looked the part in the edmonton game. He actually looked a far better centre mid prospect than Liam Watt, really good passer and playmaker but he looked too young to throw straight in.

If it was up to me I'd look to give him a 20min cameo soon and then decide if he's worth giving more time without ruining him too soon

Robbie Leighton really looked the part in the edmonton game. He actually looked a far better centre mid prospect than Liam Watt, really good passer and playmaker but he looked too young to throw straight in.

If it was up to me I'd look to give him a 20min cameo soon and then decide if he's worth giving more time without ruining him too soon

Are you basing that on the one game ?

That's true. Don't want to ruin the boy and this is exactly the sort of environment that would. Would be good to see him come on though. Can't be any worse than Messrs Brown, Thompson, Mackin etc.

That's true. Don't want to ruin the boy and this is exactly the sort of environment that would. Would be good to see him come on though. Can't be any worse than Messrs Brown, Thompson, Mackin etc.

We have a great record of bringing in youth and supporting them. We fans have been unfairly demonised lately, this season has been a shit show of the worst kind but this bullshit about hounding kids needs buried now.

I fear that some old school management at times cynically throw young players under a bus to take heat off their own shortcomings. The new regime have a chance to rectify that and I'm sure Mr King and co. will do.

We have a great record of bringing in youth and supporting them. We fans have been unfairly demonised lately, this season has been a shit show of the worst kind but this bullshit about hounding kids needs buried now.

I fear that some old school management at times cynically throw young players under a bus to take heat off their own shortcomings. The new regime have a chance to rectify that and I'm sure Mr King and co. will do.

This.

The board has stated its intention next season and it's one which requires backing.

Raw talent is exactly that, raw. There will be poor performances from inexperienced guys but hopefully they'll be supported through the odd bad game rather than lambasted at the first chance.

This.

The board has stated its intention next season and it's one which requires backing.

Raw talent is exactly that, raw. There will be poor performances from inexperienced guys but hopefully they'll be supported through the odd bad game rather than lambasted at the first chance.

Thank you Ammo! And some fuckwits accuse me of being negative.

Totally disagree with you on this one , Reece Glackin is 10 times the player Robbie Leighton is yet we let him walk out the door,There's better players in the 20s who deserve a chance , but then again they might not be the Chairmans godson, I watched the Edmonton game and Edmonton were rank.

Absolutely agree with this. We've been blamed for a lot while some seem to made of Teflon....

Totally disagree with you on this one , Reece Glackin is 10 times the player Robbie Leighton is yet we let him walk out the door,There's better players in the 20s who deserve a chance , but then again they might not be the Chairmans godson, I watched the Edmonton game and Edmonton were rank.

Reece Glackin is never 10 times the player of anybody he's a decent player but limited in midfield he can't tackle, he can't head the ball he's one paced what he can do his spray a pass so that makes a player 10 times another player, the boy Leighton looks a good prospect.

I seem to remember not so long ago Man Utd had a ginger headed boy who couldnt header or tackle and was one paced but could spray passes for fun, he didn't turnout too badly.

Glackin was a player, maybe not a Scholes but a decent prospect who if he lost a leg could still do a better job than Fariah

Archived