The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

If I wasn't mistaken that sounds like some kind of footballing philosophy there. ;)   

Could be! You know some big words. I bet Al Ferof at 11s that year. Got a horse racing philosophy too.

I had no idea Alex Ferguson followed Airdrie.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do they get to that level? You have to give the younger players the experience and ride out the storm to get to that level.

Imagining that for TW's dream to happen we need to get our younger players that experience .

To get experience youngsters need to be free to play and make mistakes but because too many of our supporters are so impatient and want every ball played forward with utmost urgency they aren't allowed to fully develop.

One thing that I simply dont see is a lack of support for the chairman.

When, seriously, has their been a lack of support? We're all thrilled (even with a small degree of caution) at the f/t plan. Is it because because we didnt love Sumsky or Morgan? Is it because we didnt love EWB, or Faria, ? I totally support him defending his daughter against those scumbags trolling them.

Can we dispel that myth about not being behind him? IMHO thats a complete crock of shit. We're all 100% committed, ffs, we've been through hell and back and badly scarred.

And to make it worse it's the passive aggressive happy clappers who are pushing that agenda.

The rest us us just want our team and club thriving.

The product on the park this season has been abysmal. Decisions made are beyond comprehension (except to the clappy happers). What do we expect? Folk pay £230odd for a s/t to watch O'Neill, Prunty, etc., stewing on a bench whilst shit like Sumsky and Morgan throw point after point away. Sometimes it's been so dumb that a conspiracy theory makes more sense.

Thats the only dissent I've seen or heard. Definitely no anti TW feelings that I've seen.

This - 100 per cent this.

The fans don't pick the team or tactics.

They can influence team selection in that it might be too risky to give a young boy who lacks confidence a chance if his progress might be hindered by the fans getting on his back too quickly. Not every pass can be played forward. I'd rather we retained possession by passing backwards than lost it by passing/lumping it forward. But the moaning from the crowd to get every ball forward influences players' choices.

Again this club is just amazing, you get the fans who hate Faira because he is old and slow and the fans who hate Stewart because he is young and not yet the finished article, I for one have always thought he should have been getting in around the first team more as he is a player who has a lot of POTENTIAL. Same can be said for O'Neil who isn't the finished article but when he is dropped everyone goes mental.

Aren't you awful sensitive.

I'm not saying Stewart won't turn out to be the Scottish Zidane, however he's shown absolutely zilch from what I've seen of him (in MY opinion) to suggest he will to date.

The wonderful thing about football is we can both have different opinions. Who knows who's opinion will end up being more accurate.

ETA: Everyone kicked off when O'Neil was dropped because he actually proved he was capable of being a decent footballer.

ETA: Everyone kicked off when O'Neil was dropped because he actually proved he was capable of being a decent footballer.

Agree with this bit. O'Nell was shunted from pillar to post, played out of position and lost a bit of confidence.

Prior to all that, he had some excellent performances and has proved he can do letter than the loaner.

I'm a wee bit more relaxed about who's playing who's not playing than some of you, I don't see that much of a difference between O'Neill and Ferguson for example. I have my views of course, but I don't think there's a conspiracy at work because someones been benched a few weeks etc

It's the style of play that does my tits in. The aimless punts all the time get right on my wick. Most annoying thing is that hen we get the ball down and play we have been decent at times. Surely playing like this for the majority of the game, and not giving possession away so often through crap long balls, would give us a better chance?

The dugouts are 19th century. Those little benches are horrible and cramped.

Aye, the stadium company ought to invest in those Recaro seats. That way our better players will be comfy when they're on the bench every week.

Heard at the game today off a few folk that Airdrie have offered Alan gow a pre-contract anyone else hear it and would it be a good signing?

Can't se it being true when club made a big deal of not signing older players.

I'd be surprised if it was true.  If he did indeed sign for us, I suspect that my memories of how good he was when he was with us first time around would cloud my judgement, but right now I'd rather we didn't sign him.

Still, what a player he was, and what a player he could have been...

Disappointed that they've ended the programme and the weekly newsletter. Especially given the communication mantra that was coming out of the club at the start of the season. 

The programme decision is understandable if it's losing us money but it would be good to do either a smaller run or a monthly programme like we used to do. Gartcairn, Rovers and plenty of other clubs do them so I'm sure we're also capable. 

The decision RE the newsletter was odd though. Was created to increase communication with the fans and was popular with everyone who subscribed to it. But yet it was stopped due to criticism from fans at games and online? Seems like it was just a petty reaction from TW to 'punish' the fans. I hope they'll start doing it again.

Archived