The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

We f**ked up the winter window.

Faria has forced us to go route 1. He shouldve replaced Fitzp, not Watt. We've went route 1. Any talk of wantimg Watt is BS. Club said Faria was coming in to "help Fitzpatrick".

Ferguson is inferior to O'Neill.

McDonald is better going forward but dodgy defensively.

Mackin had already slipped out the squad.

Thompson or a 2nd striker? His 4 games so far have seen 1 win v an abject Cowden and defeats to Ayr and Brechin and a draw v Forfar who shouldve hammered us.

Esposito wasnt needed at all.

Only really the LB was an improvement. We've weakened RB, midfield and attack.

Terrible strategy all round.

At least we can only improve. But can the folk who've screwed us up really improve us?

Proof will be in the pudding but I'm not confident so far.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's simple Fitzpatrick needs dropped in ideal world bring Liam back into the team. If not it's time to give the guys on the bench to show they can do better so that would mean bringing in Stewart or brown. As for right back bring oneil back in. I would consider drop cadden if keeps trying play like he did on Saturday as felt he played as individual and just maybe he thinks he's made it and he still has alot to learn.

Nice display from a few 20s tonight. McIntosh looks far better than Lithgow. O'neill did well. Stewart and Leighton in centre mid did well. Thomson put in a good shift up top.

Bryan Prunty organised his young team mates well. He really should take up management.

Nice display from a few 20s tonight. McIntosh looks far better than Lithgow. O'neill did well. Stewart and Leighton in centre mid did well. Thomson put in a good shift up top.

Bryan Prunty organised his young team mates well. He really should take up management.

Couldn't make the game tonight due to work commitments but I've seen a few of the youngsters playing for the 20s. I hope they have given Danny a bit of food for thought. They can't do any worse than some of their older, more experienced counterparts did on Saturday. Was there much of a crowd?

Maybe about 150.

Quite enjoyed that, and I hate friendlies with a passion. Higgins and O'Neil looked good at full-back, Scott Stewart was excellent in the middle and young Scott Thomson put himself about. Our goal was a lovely move, started and finished by Leighton who also looks to have good potential.

Edmonton looked pretty good, they've got some decent talent.

Thought the centre half Cairns and LB Higgins maybe needed a bit more seasoning. Both good but a lot of slack passes. Cairns really likes to tackle, just needs to fill out a bit and work on possession / distribution. McIntosh (no. 6) looked really good as the left sided centre back. Strong, assured and comfy on the ball.

Stewart and Leighton played really well in the middle. Both looking to get on the ball. I'm going out on a limb here and saying Stewart must replace Fitz in 1st team now.

Big Thomson who replaced Lister early on is a big physical type up top. Late subs Cowie (CM) and Reilly up front were big and mobile but needed to see more time.

McLaughlin on the right side of midfield later on didnt do much for me. He looked slight and wasnt as physically involved. Adam Broon didnt do much for me at all at LW Bain didnt exactly stand out either CM early or LW.

Esposito has full back speed. He's more straight line than turning type. Think he's definitely a RB and not a winger.

Lastly, for all the preaching about 433 we played 442 with a mainly academy team. And they looked good for it.

Last note. Bryan Prunty is manager material. Doesnt seem interested but he's brilliant with them.

The game last night thought oneil was a stand out in the 2nd half and should be back in starting 11, also Scott Stewart is getting better had a good first 45 mins I would look start him before fitz and when Stewart tires take him off. Final note the young striker Thomson was impressive warrants a place on the bench on Saturday on his showing last night.

Archived