The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

This is my very last post on here or anywhere. Kind of sick of all aspects. The above quote really says it all to me. I've lost all desire to be part of this "thing", time for a break from being an

Airdrie fan.

f**k this, I'm off.

I chucked it a while back and have been taking my lad to mostly junior games. Have to confess I was coming round to getting back into the fold, then all this noise comes up again. Stadium ownership looks like its part of the answer, does anyone know if TW has tried to buy it?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of whether he stated his intention to move on at the end of the season, signed a pre-contract with Livi or whatever, he would have given his all between now and then. Of that I have no doubt.

If Mick's Facebook post us accurate then fair play to him for telling it straight instead of dancing round the situation and leaving it open to interpretation like TW and IK.

I chucked it a while back and have been taking my lad to mostly junior games. Have to confess I was coming round to getting back into the fold, then all this noise comes up again. Stadium ownership looks like its part of the answer, does anyone know if TW has tried to buy it?

TW said not so very long ago that he and the stadium owners are miles apart on a figure. The intention might be there to buy it but by all accounts that isn't going to happen anytime soon. What other "noise" is bothering you? A wee girl in a Rangers strip which was an error and TW admitted that, the situation with Watt? One player in the grand scheme of things. Or maybe...

Hugo Faria - TW has also said that he is not just signed up as a player but is helping/coaching the youth too. And if he's a player of agent Love so what? Rewind back to Archibald and very few (if any) of us had a problem with him bringing in plenty of players from Spain. Maybe Love's players aren't anywhere near Archibald's finds (McBride seems to be doing ok with the youth, Faria (if his) is okay, Sumsky and Morgan were poor) but the principle is the same - if we get a few gems/half decent players then so be it.

As for a previous post mentioning the club being a "toy" - absolute guff, someone seriously needs to go and spend a day with TW & IK just to find out what kind of "toy" they have. Mistakes have and will be made, things could be handled better, Black may be a disaster who knows (and I do agree some of the line ups have been puzzling) - but it's time to put it all into perspective and remember we are are being watched by 700 home fans where someone has come along and put money into the club, appointed some good coaches and got a lot of things right behind the scenes. It's a work in progress, not some finished article after 7 months in charge.

TW said not so very long ago that he and the stadium owners are miles apart on a figure. The intention might be there to buy it but by all accounts that isn't going to happen anytime soon. What other "noise" is bothering you? A wee girl in a Rangers strip which was an error and TW admitted that, the situation with Watt? One player in the grand scheme of things. Or maybe...

Hugo Faria - TW has also said that he is not just signed up as a player but is helping/coaching the youth too. And if he's a player of agent Love so what? Rewind back to Archibald and very few (if any) of us had a problem with him bringing in plenty of players from Spain. Maybe Love's players aren't anywhere near Archibald's finds (McBride seems to be doing ok with the youth, Faria (if his) is okay, Sumsky and Morgan were poor) but the principle is the same - if we get a few gems/half decent players then so be it.

As for a previous post mentioning the club being a "toy" - absolute guff, someone seriously needs to go and spend a day with TW & IK just to find out what kind of "toy" they have. Mistakes have and will be made, things could be handled better, Black may be a disaster who knows (and I do agree some of the line ups have been puzzling) - but it's time to put it all into perspective and remember we are are being watched by 700 home fans where someone has come along and put money into the club, appointed some good coaches and got a lot of things right behind the scenes. It's a work in progress, not some finished article after 7 months in charge.

Good post , under the Archibald era hardly any one questioned him. I even find now Archibald got off lightly and remember a team with good players but the fact is the guy conned Airdrie and and without ballayntynes we wouldn't be here now. The new chairman is getting no where near the level of support he deserves is this because fans think it's to good a guy wants to make us better. People have a lot of questions I suggest they go to the meeting or ask the club the questions they have. I for one will support tom and the club and ewb as they deserve a chance and also think it's good they are having the q and a. I just feel my view the current manager has hard time of it and some behaviour towards tom has been close to shocking. Sometimes thing go on behind scenes that people don't know why may justified watt been sent out on loan as shocking as it may seem.

Interesting first post Diamonds Are Red.

"TW said not so very long ago that he and the stadium owners are miles apart on a figure but by all accounts this isn't going to happen very soon"

Whose accounts and how far apart are they?

As another Cup day arrives I want to say a belated thanks to all Airdrie fans and officials for a brilliant day in January. It was with trepidation I arrived at Airdrie for the first time in thirty years but I left with nothing but warm feelings for the town and the club. You guys have the potential and I hope you make it to the premier league but I look forward to seeing you in the Championship next season. Go on Airdrie, seize the day! Or is it sieze or size or sheiz anyway what I mean is you guys are on the brink of promotion and what happened in the past is in the past. Get promoted and you will get better players and better crowds. Onwards and upwards.

A Message from Airdrieonians Supporters' Trust:

While we await news of Eddie's situation, we've decided it is appropriate to postpone the scheduled Q&A. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but we're sure you will agree this is the right thing to do.

Please join us in wishing the manager a speedy and full recovery.

A Message from Airdrieonians Supporters' Trust:

While we await news of Eddie's situation, we've decided it is appropriate to postpone the scheduled Q&A. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but we're sure you will agree this is the right thing to do.

Please join us in wishing the manager a speedy and full recovery.

Well said get well soon Eddie...

Archived