The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

As chairman said you get " you get some belters" regards Alan love been involved with the club. I think he meant you.

Genuine questions are being asked by people regarding Alan Love's involvement given the alleged ongoings at the club (covered in previous posts). Your inability to grasp any point raised in relation to them - or anything else - is actually borderline frightening whether they are valid or not.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuine questions are being asked by people regarding Alan Love's involvement given the alleged ongoings at the club (covered in previous posts). Your inability to grasp any point raised in relation to them - or anything else - is actually borderline frightening whether they are valid or not.

What involvement, come on back up your claims give facts.

Tom has stated love has no involvement with the running of the club. So are you calling your own chairman a lier.

First of all learn to read. I said people are asking questions about his involvement. I didn't say personally he was involved.

However....

TW didn't state Love had no involvement in the running of the club. From the article, he stated he wasn't at the heart of the club. He quoted Taylor, McBride and Sumsky as his clients though so clearly he has been in and around it - and still is if it's true the latest signings are his clients.

That's why questions are being asked. That's why the Q&A is being held - to get answers.

As for calling the chairman a liar, I didn't... but I don't know him. And you know what, football chairman DO lie. Unbelievable I know but just because someone says something, it doesn't mean it's true.

First of all learn to read. I said people are asking questions about his involvement. I didn't say personally he was involved.

However....

TW didn't state Love had no involvement in the running of the club. From the article, he stated he wasn't at the heart of the club. He quoted Taylor, McBride and Sumsky as his clients though so clearly he has been in and around it - and still is if it's true the latest signings are his clients.

That's why questions are being asked. That's why the Q&A is being held - to get answers.

As for calling the chairman a liar, I didn't... but I don't know him. And you know what, football chairman DO lie. Unbelievable I know but just because someone says something, it doesn't mean it's true.

Go to the meeting then ?

Well what annoys me is fans question the chairman why not just give the guy a chance. I understand people can't go to the meeting if that's the case just go and ask guy when your at your next Airdrie game could you ask him some questions.

The chairman is being given a chance. All my questions will be answered on Monday night. By the way, if you do choose to come and get me, I need a lift back down too, ta.

The other major mystery we need cleared up is the Liam Watt saga.

Did Liam Watt get formally offered a contract for next season? None of us understand why this has happened but we all know he wasn't offered a deal despite the carefully worded mistruth on the website. Watt had been our best player but has been truly fked about since we signed Faria whom we were told in advance was here to "help Fitzpatrick". If you were Watt, what would you think, especially after a few weeks when it transpired was clearly the plan? No wonder the young lad was unsettled.

The club have told us they did offer a deal to Watt. That we all know is a blatant lie. But as it came from a Sun journo should we be surprised? Why would they offer a contract to Watt when he's not good enough, in their eyes only, to replace the truly awful Faria and Fitzpatrick?

Pesadilla has asked several times on social media to "Kingy" about the alleged contract offer. For the first time ever "Kingy" has been less than open, indeed ignoring him. Maybe we'll hear the truth on Monday?

This is a potentially worrying development. "Kingy" and his puppet Woleki are now seen as liars. Some might say incompetent too. Have they manipulated TW? Does TW actually know the 2 of them may be doing all this Alan Love business to the detriment of the club? Now the pair of tits have alienated then lost a valuable asset (and the majority of fans), have they now also resorted to fabricating the truth on the club website? If that is a lie has a lot of the info on the "6 months in" article been spun? I'll let you in to a secret, I've already cleared that up.

No doubt the forum's resident clowns will have a feeding frenzy...

The truth always comes out, top class post ????????????

The over reaction to Liam Watt going is ridiculous. Liam watt!!! You would think it was Pele we'd let go the way folk are reacting. He is slightly better than our average player and nothing else. He's absolutely nothing special and would never be anything special. Who actually cares if he was deemed not to be in their long term plans?

The club have told us they did offer a deal to Watt. That we all know is a blatant lie. But as it came from a Sun journo should we be surprised? Why would they offer a contract to Watt when he's not good enough, in their eyes only, to replace the truly awful Faria and Fitzpatrick?

Would you explain how we know this is a "blatant lie"? I've missed the evidence for this assertion if it has been shared previously.

No doubt the forum's resident clowns will have a feeding frenzy...

"resident clowns", "happy clappers" - You'd probably have more success bring people to your point of view if you drop the ad hominen attacks. It might also help drop the level of snark on this forum and encourage others to follow your example and adopt a spirit of more open and respectful debate.

Apologies for the interjection but I believe that online discussion is being increasingly damaged by this type of interaction.

The over reaction to Liam Watt going is ridiculous. Liam watt!!! You would think it was Pele we'd let go the way folk are reacting. He is slightly better than our average player and nothing else. He's absolutely nothing special and would never be anything special. Who actually cares if he was deemed not to be in their long term plans?

Yes but the players we are bringing in on loan look no better or worse so I think we do have a right to know why he has been sent packing. Why would the club willingly release a player who at this level is improving all the time and now scoring goals on a regular basis? He may not be Pele but for us he has been the difference in a lot of games this season.

Aye we caused Ayr all sorts of problems and did the same first half the week before without him didn't we ?

3 goals in 2 games for Brechin. Of course he is not Pele but he is far more influential than the pish in there the now.

Yes but the players we are bringing in on loan look no better or worse so I think we do have a right to know why he has been sent packing. Why would the club willingly release a player who at this level is improving all the time and now scoring goals on a regular basis? He may not be Pele but for us he has been the difference in a lot of games this season.

I think the lad from Rangers will do more in his career than watt...

Aye we caused Ayr all sorts of problems and did the same first half the week before without him didn't we ?

3 goals in 2 games for Brechin. Of course he is not Pele but he is far more influential than the pish in there the now.

Aye cause we'd have won if super Watt was playing....

Am I missing something? Where is he evidence to suggest that a contract was not offered to Watt.

Also, as a side note, we are talking about a fairly run of the mill player in Watt. He is decent but lacks composure and I can't really see him going on have a great career. I hope for the boys sake I am wrong but save me the hyperbole.

Archived