The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a doubter I think it's too early to say. I'm still unconvinced by EWB being in charge of the first team and I literally haven't seen any of the new signings play yet. The new regime are certainly doing some fantastic work off the field though and that is to be commended, as is their work with the youth academy. The first team though is where it counts and the jury is still out for me in that regard.

Vocal doubter here. I think the board have gone out and supported EWB early doors in a way that they never would have with Bollan. As previously stated, Bollan was hung out to dry through lack of support from TW. .

Agreed. They never wanted Bollan to have a chance of succeeding- they clearly wanted him to fail as they wanted the justification to get him the boot. Which means we've paid to watch a wasted season.

Just have the courage of your convictions and sack him straight away and take the flack instead of being sneaky and underhand.

Agreed. They never wanted Bollan to have a chance of succeeding- they clearly wanted him to fail as they wanted the justification to get him the boot. Which means we've paid to watch a wasted season.

Just have the courage of your convictions and sack him straight away and take the flack instead of being sneaky and underhand.

He was given a budget, but he bought the wrong players, covered the wrong positions and played, for the most part, the wrong way. He's not been that hard done to.

Must admit I'm really buying into the new era but of course it will take a good few weeks to properly evaluate if it's been a good move or not. But no wonder they wanted rid of pumpkinheid, the club feels different to me now. We've had a very energising "window" and structure seems to be falling in to place.

Serious question, there were reservation and rightly so. If you were a doubter, do u feel a bit better about it now?

Never had any major reservations about the new owners in truth as they were never going to handle things like the previous regime at the club, I will forever be thankful to the Ballantyne family for giving us a team to support but towards the end it was truly stagnant with no real plan going forward. Since coming in they seem to have put their money where their mouth is and sorted a lot of things out. For me personally the amount of news and updates coming out of the club is the biggest and most welcome change at the club. With regards to EWB I am still a little bit sceptical but he is now starting to bring in his own players so will be interesting to see how they fit in with the squad.

Colin Paterson is reporting that we are still trying to sign Hardie from Rangers, now if we stick with a 4-4-2 formation then having 4 strikers in a squad is perfectly sustainable but if he is keen to try 4-3-3 again then 4 strikers seems excessive and would probably mean that Lister or Prunty would be surplus to requirements.

Never had any major reservations about the new owners in truth as they were never going to handle things like the previous regime at the club, I will forever be thankful to the Ballantyne family for giving us a team to support but towards the end it was truly stagnant with no real plan going forward. Since coming in they seem to have put their money where their mouth is and sorted a lot of things out. For me personally the amount of news and updates coming out of the club is the biggest and most welcome change at the club. With regards to EWB I am still a little bit sceptical but he is now starting to bring in his own players so will be interesting to see how they fit in with the squad.

Colin Paterson is reporting that we are still trying to sign Hardie from Rangers, now if we stick with a 4-4-2 formation then having 4 strikers in a squad is perfectly sustainable but if he is keen to try 4-3-3 again then 4 strikers seems excessive and would probably mean that Lister or Prunty would be surplus to requirements.

No reservations about a club with a sub 700 core support looking to go full time? While I'm fully backing the new regime let's not forget they're inexperienced in running a football club. We're right to challenge and ask questions. Loads of positives, no question, but let's try and ensure they deliver (on and off the field).

No reservations about a club with a sub 700 core support looking to go full time? While I'm fully backing the new regime let's not forget they're inexperienced in running a football club. We're right to challenge and ask questions. Loads of positives, no question, but let's try and ensure they deliver (on and off the field).

I would say off the field they are delivering atm, lots of new sponsors for the youth teams and for the first team, weekly news updates for what's going on behind the scenes, and with regards to on the field they seem to be giving the new manager the funds to try and improve the product so I would say they aren't doing much wrong at the moment. Not so sure about the comments that were made on the full time football, were they not mentioned after one or two weeks in charge? If anything I would say it was more a statement of intent than an actual plan, if we are promoted then full time football would be great but I'm not 100% sure it would actually happen.

I would say off the field they are delivering atm, lots of new sponsors for the youth teams and for the first team, weekly news updates for what's going on behind the scenes, and with regards to on the field they seem to be giving the new manager the funds to try and improve the product so I would say they aren't doing much wrong at the moment. Not so sure about the comments that were made on the full time football, were they not mentioned after one or two weeks in charge? If anything I would say it was more a statement of intent than an actual plan, if we are promoted then full time football would be great but I'm not 100% sure it would actually happen.

Agree.

I hope it does happen but only if it's properly thought out and viable.

Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Norwich City and Stoke City will have representatives watching Airdrieonians' Rohan Ferguson against Forfar Athletic, while Hamilton Accies, Hibernian, Leeds United and St Mirren are also interested in the 18-year-old after Dundee United had two bids rejected for the goalkeeper. (The Sun, print edition)

Bollan has moved on, why are we still bumping our gums over him.

The issue so far as I can see, and in my opinion it's a valid point, is that TW clearly decided he wasn't giving Bollan financial support at the start of the season certainly not to the extent that EWB is being supported. Now he had the chance to tell us that at the start of the season when he came to meet the fans but decided against doing so. Myself and countless others committed to purchasing season tickets, which I'd have done anyway, without knowing that the owner wasn't going to be supporting the first team and essentially trying to drive the current manager out of his job.

At least that's how it seems to me.

Anyhoo, onto the second half of the season. With renewed optimism.

Supporters should remember that Bollan didn't want to be at the club, before the Forfar job he applied for the job at Brechin. T W was well aware of Bollan's feelings, he was never going to back him.

People often sign 2 year deals to work in a place they don't want to be

If we go full time we can attract better players. If we then play better we attract more fans to return. For years now fans have moaned that the product on the pitch needs to improve before fans will come back. Maybe TW is willing to take that gamble and outlay the funds to back a return to fulltime football in order to bring more fans back.

Archived