The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

I think it'll be a thundercunt of an appointment if he gets it.

Pub? Yes! Cue Here?

Cue Here pre....Albert post. I'll text ye. Aim for 1ish?

I genuinely don't know enough about EWB to be overly enthused. Conversely, I don't get why some people are also ready to form a lynch mob either. Prepared to put my trust in the new boards' judgement though.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cue Here pre....Albert post. I'll text ye. Aim for 1ish?

I genuinely don't know enough about EWB to be overly enthused. Conversely, I don't get why some people are also ready to form a lynch mob either. Prepared to put my trust in the new boards' judgement though.

I've posted his record...not impressive. I have no idea why anyone would think he's a prospect for manager. Last league gig was ten years ago.

Might be a nice guy, nice guy's don't necessarily make good managers. I'm in no lynch mob, I'm looking at the facts and I think it's the wrong move....Have you not checked out his record?

I've posted his record...not impressive. I have no idea why anyone would think he's a prospect for manager. Last league gig was ten years ago.

Might be a nice guy, nice guy's don't necessarily make good managers. I'm in no lynch mob, I'm looking at the facts and I think it's the wrong move....Have you not checked out his record?

Yeah... I get that. His record is woeful.

But it's the people quoting all the 'pocket dipper' and 'poison' tuff I'm not getting.

Hey ho...off to bed. See what tomorrow brings.

Yeah... I get that. His record is woeful.

But it's the people quoting all the 'pocket dipper' and 'poison' tuff I'm not getting.

Hey ho...off to bed. See what tomorrow brings.

"Pocket dipper" was absolute hearsay from a Montrose fan.

"Poison", I don't know.

But I'm not convinced even if you are.

"Pocket dipper" was absolute hearsay from a Montrose fan.

"Poison", I don't know.

But I'm not convinced even if you are.

Don't think I have ever said I'm convinced? Am more than prepared to give him a chance though.

Pocket dipper and poison have been terms also used by supposed Airdrie fans who have appeared out of the blue in the last few weeks.

A lot of hidden agendas on here just now I think....

He's an A licence coach studying for further qualifcations.

He has an open door at Barcelona, where he is very well known at the club. He's there for extended periods in every calendar year.

He turned Glasgow City into sustained champions for a very long period in the women's game.

At the very least, he deserves a chance. Peope have been slagging Bobo for playing eye bleeding anti-football. Eddie will have you playing good, attacking, entertaining football in the proper way.

I am a bit puzzled why some people seem desperate for him to fail at your club before his appointment has even been confirmed.

Anyone know what went wrong in his stint at Alloa?

Purely as an outsider looking in it looked as if he lost his best players, and a very solid spine of a team, and failed to replace them with players of anywhere near the same quality. On top of that a few of the players ended up at their nearest rivals in the league in us and Livi:

Daryll Meggatt - Dundee

Ben Gordon - Livingston

Liam Buchanan - Livingston

Kyle Benedictus - (loan expired) Raith

Ryan McCord - Raith

Mark Docherty - Dumbarton

Kevin Cawley - Dumbarton

It's incredible looking through that list at just how many decent players they lost - how much of that was down to Lennon and how much of it was down to budget/other reasons I don't know

He's an A licence coach studying for further qualifcations.

He has an open door at Barcelona, where he is very well known at the club. He's there for extended periods in every calendar year.

He turned Glasgow City into sustained champions for a very long period in the women's game.

At the very least, he deserves a chance. Peope have been slagging Bobo for playing eye bleeding anti-football. Eddie will have you playing good, attacking, entertaining football in the proper way.

I am a bit puzzled why some people seem desperate for him to fail at your club before his appointment has even been confirmed.

Interesting that your only opinion on here is pro-Wolecki, despite having nowt to do with Airdrie and being a Montrose fan.

His record is a shambles. Not lead a senior side for ten years, and got the boot when he did. Pretensions at Barca....are just that. Leading the top ladies team to the top title is no mark stuff, f**k....Ronnie Dial-up could do that. A feeble career in the juniors....just where are we meant to see the talent here? He's a fellow Angus man that's been to the fabled city of Barcelona? Is that it?

Honestly, how do you know what football he'll have us play with the players at hand?

ETA: I never said I was desperate for him to fail. If he gets the gig, I wish him well, said that in a previous post. I've no qualms in saying he's nowhere near my first choice though....and I think that's more than reasonable.

Interesting that your only opinion on here is pro-Wolecki, despite having nowt to do with Airdrie and being a Montrose fan.

His record is a shambles. Not lead a senior side for ten years, and got the boot when he did. Pretensions at Barca, are just that. Leading the top ladies team to the top title is no mark stuff, f**k Ronnie Dial-up could do that. A feeble career in the juniors....just where are we meant to see the talent here? He's a fellow Angus man that's been to the fabled city of Barcelona? Is that it?

Honestly, how do you know what football he'll have us play with the players at hand?

not really. Eddie did well in the short time he was with us, and was shafted. I liked the cut of his jib. It's no more sinister than that.

He will play that style of football because it is the style he has had all his teams playing. It's easy for you of course to say that the Barca stuff is "pretension", as his flight details aren't there on wikipedia for you to examine.

I think, if this rumour is true: 1. I'm quite surprised and 2. given the time, he'll do well at Airdrie. 3. I know he and Danny Lennon get on well, so that rumour posted by someone earlier wouldn't be surprising. If Lennon is coming to Airdrie then then devil will be in the deatil as to how the two roles operate.

Time will tell which one of us is right about EWB. I guess starting with rock bottom expectations you can only be pleasantly surprised. I couldn't really care less eaither way about Airdrie as a club but most Montrose fans would join me in wishing Eddie all the best, if he is indeed the manager.

not really. Eddie did well in the short time he was with us, and was shafted. I liked the cut of his jib. It's no more sinister than that.

He will play that style of football because it is the style he has had all his teams playing. It's easy for you of course to say that the Barca stuff is "pretension", as his flight details aren't there on wikipedia for you to examine.

I think, if this rumour is true: 1. I'm quite surprised and 2. given the time, he'll do well at Airdrie. 3. I know he and Danny Lennon get on well, so that rumour posted by someone earlier wouldn't be surprising. If Lennon is coming to Airdrie then then devil will be in the deatil as to how the two roles operate.

Time will tell which one of us is right about EWB. I guess starting with rock bottom expectations you can only be pleasantly surprised. I couldn't really care less eaither way about Airdrie as a club but most Montrose fans would join me in wishing Eddie all the best, if he is indeed the manager.

What, because he flys to Barca he's a capable manager? Honestly?

I don't give a shit how many flights he takes. I care about what he's done....and his record is muck.

Purely as an outsider looking in it looked as if he lost his best players, and a very solid spine of a team, and failed to replace them with players of anywhere near the same quality. On top of that a few of the players ended up at their nearest rivals in the league in us and Livi:

Daryll Meggatt - Dundee

Ben Gordon - Livingston

Liam Buchanan - Livingston

Kyle Benedictus - (loan expired) Raith

Ryan McCord - Raith

Mark Docherty - Dumbarton

Kevin Cawley - Dumbarton

It's incredible looking through that list at just how many decent players they lost - how much of that was down to Lennon and how much of it was down to budget/other reasons I don't know

That sounds waaaayyy too familiar!

I don't give a shit how many flights he takes. I care about what he's done....and his record is muck.

Pesadilla is right. I'll support him if he gets the job and I'm willing to give him a chance but his appointment wouldn't fill me with confidence at all.

Justin Beibers record was muck up until about a month and a half ago... Just saying. Give the guy a chance.

Repeat... EWB in charge of fitba at club, he's the boss. Takes the u20s, overall director of fitba, reports to the King, and overseas Academy, flies to Barca every so often presumably to see how unproductive the mighty Farm is these days.

Lemon will be in charge of 1st team, will work with EWB closely to bring on youth.

How close a relationship does he have with Barcelona i.e. maybe getting a couple of players etc

Woleckis in charge of the 20s ,last 3 games shipped 16 goals doesn't bode well for his style of football,I think we need to remember we are in League one of Scottish football the surfaces we play on each week will not allow us to play free flowing attacking football,and all this talk of him being well liked at Barca is total bullshit

Woleckis in charge of the 20s ,last 3 games shipped 16 goals doesn't bode well for his style of football,I think we need to remember we are in League one of Scottish football the surfaces we play on each week will not allow us to play free flowing attacking football,and all this talk of him being well liked at Barca is total bullshit

One of the games was against rangers and lost 9 so but harsh

Archived