Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gilmour's best two performances for us this season were away at an admittedly wretched Stirling Albion and on Saturday at Forfar. Against Stirling, he played further forward, effectively behind the striker and on Saturday he played on the right. I don't think he's a bad player to have but just not in what seems to be his preferred position as a deep lying playmaker sitting in front of the back four.

I admit he frustrates the life out of me but I have some faith that McCall will use him correctly.

Thought the midfield was pretty awful last season and one of the weaker parts of the team. Was hoping to see pace, aggression and mobility added through signing a few new players. Keeping all of the usual suspects is a surprising move imo.

We haven't had a pest in midfield for years, someone who is going to stop players walking through the midfield, someone like Blockley from Airdrie although some Airdrie fans cant understand why Ayr fans rate him so much.

We haven't had a pest in midfield for years, someone who is going to stop players walking through the midfield, someone like Blockley from Airdrie although some Airdrie fans cant understand why Ayr fans rate him so much.

Rumour has it that Blockley will be released but nothing official has been announced yet.

He is excellent at breaking up play, being a general nuisance, putting in a crunch tackle and he chips in with the odd goal but his passing is woeful and his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. I'd prefer him to be kept on but if he was released I wouldn't be too upset provided Bollan had someone better lined up.

Good player at this level but probably isn't going to get any better.

Rumour has it that Blockley will be released but nothing official has been announced yet.

He is excellent at breaking up play, being a general nuisance, putting in a crunch tackle and he chips in with the odd goal but his passing is woeful and his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. I'd prefer him to be kept on but if he was released I wouldn't be too upset provided Bollan had someone better lined up.

He's probably ideal for what we're needing as our midfield is full of relatively lightweight "footballers" rather than ball winners.

If he could win the ball and tap it to Brian Gilmour who would be likely to be milling about beside him trying not to get involved.....it could be a dream midfield partnership

Would love to see Blockley at Ayr, impressed me immensely on all 3 occasions I've seen him.

One of thee occasions being the 4-1 loss at Somerset when he ripped the pish out of us !!

* good goal by the way Deano *

Blockley is the only player at Airdrie over the years that I recollect, the fact that he's on the bench a lot probably says more about Airdrie than the boy, in the right team he'll be decent, I think we're the right team for him.

Blockley is the only player at Airdrie over the years that I recollect, the fact that he's on the bench a lot probably says more about Airdrie than the boy, in the right team he'll be decent, I think we're the right team for him.

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

We have fandan players who will look better if someone else does most of the donkey work and then gives them the ball to do the passing.

Airdrie probably have other players that perform a similar role to Blockley or have a midfield that can put the foot in as well as pass a ball.

It wasn't meant as an "Airdrie are hammerthrowers" kind of point.

Would love to see Blockley at Ayr, impressed me immensely on all 3 occasions I've seen him

I've said the same since i seen him at somerset in the play offs where they beat us, altjough he should have been sent off that day. A real pest in the middle.

Archived