Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Oh for f**k sake, does Martyn Campbell need to actually die for someone to see that he is not capable of playing a game of football.

Tbh I don't see any harm in keeping him around IF he is on a pay-per-play deal and is 3rd or 4th choice centre-back.

Also, interesting to see they've released the season ticket figures from this year on the OS. We only sold 564 (216 adults, 125 OAPs, 68 Under 16s, 23 Students and 132 Panda Pals) so that's about £68,000 worth.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will smash those season ticket sales next season I reckon. Horrific amount!

Hopefully Campbell is on a pay as you play 8th choice centre back deal. Relying on him is suicide.

Not happy about Gilmour either, a passenger for the most part of his contract with us.

Trouten was very similar to Gilmours performances last season where he was flashy in parts but didn't really do enough in the middle of the park but did ok as a sitting right midfielder.

I don't think anyone was disappointed he left or would have been if he had stayed, which made it more bizarre when he claimed Ayr fans were singing songs about members of his family dying a few seasons ago.

Stevenson is still too young to be tempted by a coaching role, I'd guess a new manager would have to be appointed before someone would decide if Moffat's contract would be terminated in the event of him wanting to leave, Craig Conway is as far removed from returning to Ayr as anyone still playing could be. Gary Teale?

I can't think of any other players still playing that I would give a monkeys about re-signing

Kevin McKinlay

The only competition he would bring to the team is who could sh*te in more shoes, him or McCall

Scally was given the coaching job till the end of the season which seemed strange at the time rather than an 18 month deal like McCall and Henry. It would give him an option to offer it to Wilson again or Teale

The options basically are one of

Michael Moffat

Kevin Cuthbert

Chris Smith

Andy Geggan

Eddie Malone

Can't see it being Moffat or Geggan with their contracts. Possibly Prunty but don't imagine he would want to come back!

The options basically are one of

Michael Moffat

Kevin Cuthbert

Chris Smith

Andy Geggan

Eddie Malone

Cuthbert would be an incredible base to start with.

Archived