Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Hutton really that bad in a team that fell apart 8 games into the season ?

At times he may not have had exactly the most reliable line in front of him but, just watch some of our match highlights.........

At times he may not have had exactly the most reliable line in front of him but, just watch some of our match highlights.........

My favourite Hutton moments are:

not coming out to collect crosses and my number 1 choice: trying to kick the ball off Buchannan's arse 3 times against Dunfermline and missing with all 3.

Favourite from last season was despite trying his hardest the ref refused to send him off against Stranraer in the 6-3 humping!!!

He makes a few spectacular saves but fails to come off his line at corners most of the time, he isn't John Hillcoat bad, maybe David Crawford bad, a capable keeper but perhaps not first choice for a full season.

Was about to say, if the budget allowed, I'd keep him as back up. Maybe a bit of competition would do him good, but we need a new number 1. Martin coming back would be very nice.

How has the boy Neil from Well done?

Cost us 1-2 goals early on, looked ok in spells. not long after he joined our two center half returned from injury and we signed Mckenna from Aderdeen who was probably a better player than Neil so he didn't feature for the last half a dozen games.

If he was an Ayr youth player I'd say he showed promise and was a bit raw, But I don't see him appearing in the premier league any time soon with Motherwell

He makes a few spectacular saves but fails to come off his line at corners most of the time, he isn't John Hillcoat bad, maybe David Crawford bad, a capable keeper but perhaps not first choice for a full season.

He's not good enough for us, I'd like to see how our defenders would do in front of a reliable keeper, the 2nd Peterhead goal summed him up perfectly, the defender gets the blame for not picking up his man while the keeper stands on his line and allows someone a free header 4 yards out, an attacker 4 yards out should be worrying about the keeper crunching into him.

I'm giving McCall the chance he needs to build his own team but I'd start to question his ability if he felt like keeping Hutton.

Am I (and I know the answer to this) the only one to think that Gilmour could be an asset for a team that will hopefully be pushing forward far more next season and looking at keeping more possession of the ball. If we play 352 I think there is a place for him.

Othe than that with the general consensus, new keeper or two, 2 centre halfs, defensive midfielder, winger and another striker if we keep Preston, if not two more. Nice to have a big target man that can actually do the job after the last couple of past it strikers.

Nice to get a wee tour for pre season. Hopefully McCall can get something down south.

I find it difficult to resolve the fact that we were rank rotten all season and yet we seem to be talking about keeping most of the team. Gilmour has a pass in him, but he needs the freedom of the park to do it. Even at League 1 level, you just aren't going to get the kind of time he needs.

He's not good enough for us, I'd like to see how our defenders would do in front of a reliable keeper, the 2nd Peterhead goal summed him up perfectly, the defender gets the blame for not picking up his man while the keeper stands on his line and allows someone a free header 4 yards out, an attacker 4 yards out should be worrying about the keeper crunching into him.

I'm giving McCall the chance he needs to build his own team but I'd start to question his ability if he felt like keeping Hutton.

Spot on.

I honestly don't rate Gilmour in the slightest. 80% of the time all he does is launch the ball up top to nobody in particular. I have a feeling McCall might keep him though.

I see Kevin McBride has been let go by Dundee, could he be that defensive midfielder we're looking for?

Depends if he's a hard b*****d like McCall alluded to wanting to recruit. He said we have enough footballers, so I'm expecting a string of early days Reid types when he tried to steady the ship.

Devlin said earlier in the week on Twitter that he'd know this week if he was being offered a new contract. I'd expect we'll probably here either Friday or Monday how much of the squad is left.

Depends if he's a hard b*****d like McCall alluded to wanting to recruit. He said we have enough footballers, so I'm expecting a string of early days Reid types when he tried to steady the ship.

Devlin said earlier in the week on Twitter that he'd know this week if he was being offered a new contract. I'd expect we'll probably here either Friday or Monday how much of the squad is left.

He was offered a 2 year deal

AP confirms Devlin has been offered a deal and expects JP, Murphy, Gilmour, Blakeman and Bobo to be offered deals too.

"McCall has already identified signing targets and would love to bring back an old Ayr favourite." Who do we think?

Oh for f**k sake, does Martyn Campbell need to actually die for someone to see that he is not capable of playing a game of football.

Archived