Ayr United, what now 2015-16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has Ian McCall done to justify a contract extension?

Completed "stage 1" of his plans, to keep Ayr up. I think it is more to show players who he may be trying to attract, that there is a bit of stability about the club now. Not even out of May yet and this is probably the best pre-season we've had in over a decade.

Gutted the place and quietly assembling a team that will be nowhere near relegation at the end of the season.

Completed "stage 1" of his plans, to keep Ayr up. I think it is more to show players who he may be trying to attract, that there is a bit of stability about the club now. Not even out of May yet and this is probably the best pre-season we've had in over a decade.

What about Mark Roberts' first pre-season where you beat Bolton Wanderers and Motherwell?

What about Mark Roberts' first pre-season where you beat Bolton Wanderers and Motherwell?

Roberts' honeymoon was over very quickly, there was nobody more exuberant than myself about our prospects under Marko, the realisation that he was just a mouthpiece dawned very quickly for all but the decision makers at Somerset.

Big Gerry announced tonight hopefully, although can't see him signing Ger and Franko, think it'll be either or.

We will still need at least one more centre half. Campbell is signed, but I do not see him being a first team regular this season and I'm not sure Murphy will sign either and we have youth as further backup, so I would imagine McLauchlan (if/when he signs) and one other would be ideal.

Not really talking about pre season results, more about how McCall is assembling a strong squad and getting the team together early, rather than waiting till after our first competitive game. Like you say, good results against Motherwell and Bolton pre season are fine, but he done hee haw in the league really over the 3 years.

Roberts' honeymoon was over very quickly, there was nobody more exuberant than myself about our prospects under Marko, the realisation that he was just a mouthpiece dawned very quickly for all but the decision makers at Somerset.

Whatever grandad, the point is this - your club is dishing out a contract extension to someone who has done nothing to deserve it. Yes, the team stayed up but they were rotten for long periods and only finished in eighth because Stenhousemuir were in an even worse condition.

Your board should have been smarter and waited a few months to see who the team were progressing before making such a wacky move.

Whatever grandad, the point is this - your club is dishing out a contract extension to someone who has done nothing to deserve it. Yes, the team stayed up but they were rotten for long periods and only finished in eighth because Stenhousemuir were in an even worse condition.

Your board should have been smarter and waited a few months to see who the team were progressing before making such a wacky move.

hqdefault.jpg

I think the fact players were being signed on 2 year deals were a big signal he was going to extend at least to their end date.

I'm currently reading the Ayr United 2012-13 thread. The number of people going off their head about Tony Marenghi when he first joined the club was wild.

"A special talent", "a real find" and "too good for this division" were some of the comments bandied about.

I'm currently reading the Ayr United 2012-13 thread. The number of people going off their head about Tony Marenghi when he first joined the club was wild.

"A special talent", "a real find" and "too good for this division" were some of the comments bandied about.

Christ, what's rattled you?

In all honesty our results didn't match performances over the last 6 or 8 games, you'd be better concentrating on your competitors for avoiding relegation as we'll be nowhere near that end this season.

Bookmark in hope rather than expectation if you wish.

Archived