Ayr United, what now 2015-16

McKeown from Stranraer would be a much better signing than bringing back McKenna on loan. I take it Murphy is not signing?

Franko and McKenna would be a great pairing. I hope Murphy is off

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1432367122.176894.jpg

Now, just to illustrate how I think we'll line up this season, I've used Frank McKeown (linked to us from Stranraer) and Alan Martin (linked to us after leaving Clyde). I've also used McKenna and Preston, as I think we'll get them back. I'm not convinced Neill will sign, but again, illustration purposes. I can imagine it'll be quite a narrow, midfield 5 with Devlin and Boyle giving us the width.

Martin has went to Accies has he not?

Am I right in saying about Preston that we need to wait until Blackburn's season is finished so they can start their prep for next season?

I believe they have a transfer embargo which could scupper it.

I believe they have a transfer embargo which could scupper it.

Don't think that will be a problem, Preston isn't ready to make that step up and the coaches at Blackburn won't throw him in. they'll have other players who could make the step up.

Glad to see the boss has tired of polishing Roberts' turd and has decided to buy himself a new toy.

If any extra funding has been sanctioned by the boardroom then credit to LC for believing in McCall's acumen. With a slice of luck, we'll see the side spend the majority of next season in the top three and the club will see a few hundred extra souls on a regular basis. As soon as the odds are announced, I'll be having twenty quid on the boys for the title.

In McCall we trust.

@gmaufc: Adam Blakeman won't be accepting our contract offer. He has a few clubs interested down south so will stay down there. Did well for us.

Best of luck to the guy.

After Boyle signed I'm happy enough he hasn't. We have 3 players who can play/cover left back (Boyle/Donald/Muir) and I would rather see a new central midfielder come in rather than re-signing Blakeman. Was a big ask for him to move here permanently for what would probably last a year or 2, when he'll get similar wages down south. We'll probably hear something about Murphy soon.

Everything has gone very quiet. Id expect if Murphy doesn't sign we will need at least 6 more players if we are to have a squad for a serious title push. Fairly optimistic for next season but taking nothing for granted, just hope McCall builds a strong team that can make us believe.

Archived