Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Paddy Boyle is at Uni and I would guess that money is his prime cosideration as it is with 99% of players. At the POTY dinner he mentioned that at his level it sometimes comes down to 'penny pinching' in terms of who you sign up with.

I bet that Ayr have offered him an extra tenner a week and a zonecard and that has proved the clincher. Good luck to him, surely fans realise that in this day and age 'loyalty' is a commodity few can afford.

If he goes we will replace him with someone better, of that i am sure.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potentially signing airdrie's and brechins player of the year. Scenes

Trouten wasn't Brechin's Player of the Year. It was joint between Bobby Barr and Paul McLean.

Happened with Moffat to us last season, after the club stood by him during his gambling ban, offered to set up a coaching school in his name etc but unfortunately cash was king

To be fair though, this isn't like the Moffat situation - that was part time football to full time football. If a player wants that, there's little you can do to argue. We lost Buchanan, Milojevic & Barr for the same reasons last year.

What we've got here is a player potentially moving between two part time teams on a fairly even keel. I am under no illusions about loyalty of players in this day and age, but to me, unless he's being offered silly money, why move?

I dare say Ayr's budget is a bit meatier than ours but every year we get tales of "the best money we've offered a part time player". Surely we should be able to keep some of these guys if the competition is from the same level as us.

To be fair though, this isn't like the Moffat situation - that was part time football to full time football. If a player wants that, there's little you can do to argue. We lost Buchanan, Milojevic & Barr for the same reasons last year.

What we've got here is a player potentially moving between two part time teams on a fairly even keel. I am under no illusions about loyalty of players in this day and age, but to me, unless he's being offered silly money, why move?

I dare say Ayr's budget is a bit meatier than ours but every year we get tales of "the best money we've offered a part time player". Surely we should be able to keep some of these guys if the competition is from the same level as us.

Airdrie fans delusional if they think moving to Ayr isn't a step up.

Already been explained earlier in the thread.

18 odd goals from midfield and was never even one of the 2 POTY? Strange

Supporters player of the year was Graeme Smith and Players player was Paul McLean, so make of that what you will!

We're doing our 'hybrid full time status' just now.

Maybe he doesn't like Gary Bollan?

Maybe he likes Ian McCall, who signed him for Partick Thistle?

Maybe he just wants a change of scenery?

Maybe he's got no pals at Airdrie?

Maybe there's a better deal on the table at Ayr which doesn't necessarily mean 'silly money' but is more attractive?

Maybe he doesn't like playing on astroturf?

Lots of potential reasons, really.

Boyle is at Uni as well though so the odds are, full time football would be unlikely to tempt him.

It's like a mixture of part time and full time. Full timers train with youth team on days the part time players aren't in then the 2 days the part time players are in they all train together. It is kind of ideal at the moment in this league that we could tempt better player who'd like to stay full time and we still have the option of part time. Apparently we're moving training back to Glasgow (I'd imagine this would be for the 2 days of part time training) which makes more sense since most players are from up that way.

Boyle would be a cracking signing and would add to our defence. Would be quite nice for once to take other teams better players rather than the usual lose out better players to other teams. We shall wait and see if he actually signs though, all speculation just now and he wasn't one of the names I was told McCall was in talks with.

Moffat was full time at Ayr, he and Donald were the only full time pro's. In the fans revolt when he left, Cameron came out ans said they more or less threw the kitchen sink in to the deal with Moffat but couldn't match the Dunfermline offer. (£1300 pw mentioned on here)

Moffat was full time at Ayr, he and Donald were the only full time pro's. In the fans revolt when he left, Cameron came out ans said they more or less threw the kitchen sink in to the deal with Moffat but couldn't match the Dunfermline offer. (£1300 pw mentioned on here)

Moff is on nowhere near that amount of money.

Guest honestrae95

Would be a sare yin if Boyle signed for your lot, but money talks I guess.

As KB has already highlighted, so does the manager, the pitch, new scenery, the chance of Championship football, the chance of playing with superstars like Alan Trouten and Alan Forrest.

Archived