Ayr United, what now 2015-16

Our local reporter Colin Paterson mentioned this in the press today. I'd be shocked and hugely disappointed if that turns out to be true. Our best player last season by some distance and our captain, he'd be a big loss.

I'd like to think he wouldn't leave for a team in the same league as us, especially one that finished well below us, but I've been wrong before.

Ayr will have a considerably better season than Airdrie next season.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our local reporter Colin Paterson mentioned this in the press today. I'd be shocked and hugely disappointed if that turns out to be true. Our best player last season by some distance and our captain, he'd be a big loss.

I'd like to think he wouldn't leave for a team in the same league as us, especially one that finished well below us, but I've been wrong before.

Happened with Moffat to us last season, after the club stood by him during his gambling ban, offered to set up a coaching school in his name etc but unfortunately cash was king

You only need to look at the table last year to see how far apart the teams are in quality. So therefore your irrelvant comment means nothing

Scurry back to your diddy forum.

Good boy.

Don't believe all you read or hear in the rumour mills. Most of the figures suggested, on our forum also, are ludicrous.

Given Stenny well publicised financial melt down last year, there won't be much in the way of a playing budget at Ochilview next season.

It came from our manager hardly the rumour mill.

I am well aware our player budget has been cut drastically for next season not sure why that's relevant though.

Archived